Poodle Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I know someone in the Philippines who has an Australian Labradoodle. Now that I understand what that term actually means, I can absolutely see them someday becoming their own officially recognized breed. They are nicely proportioned and very much have their own distinct look, like a sturdy spaniel.
Very unlike the ones I see around here.
Do you have some example photos, or a good link?

·
Registered
619 Posts
From my Nextdoor neighborhood site:

* Brixworth • 1 day ago

Male Poodle. I am looking for an intact, male poodle to mate my female Golden doodle. Please reply with private msg. Tks,
Posted to 53 neighborhoods
Thank
Thank
Comment
1 Comment

*. Village Green

I sent you a message
4 hr ago

And thus a doodle is born.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
@ PeggyThe Parti ... whatever that dog is it doesn't look like a poodle at all. Its really supposed to be an Australian Labradoodle?

@ Dianaleez ... No one with a well bred poodle will agree to such a thing, so there goes some more inferior lineage mixed in with unknown health and genetic problems. Cringe

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
From my Nextdoor neighborhood site:

* Brixworth • 1 day ago

Male Poodle. I am looking for an intact, male poodle to mate my female Golden doodle. Please reply with private msg. Tks,
Posted to 53 neighborhoods
Thank
Thank
Comment
1 Comment

*. Village Green

I sent you a message
4 hr ago

And thus a doodle is born.
AAAARRGGHH!!

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Super Moderator
4,448 Posts
@ PeggyThe Parti ... whatever that dog is it doesn't look like a poodle at all. Its really supposed to be an Australian Labradoodle?
Yep, he's an Australian Labradoodle, of which poodle DNA is just a small part.

From a link shared earlier in this thread:

"Australian Labradoodles are very different and distinct from the standard or early generation Labradoodles. Unlike Labradoodles, Australian Labradoodles’ lineage is more complicated. An Australian Labradoodle also has DNA from other dogs. They have six different parent breeds: Labrador, Poodle, English Cocker Spaniel, American Cocker Spaniel, Curly Coat Retriever, and Irish Water Spaniels. Standard or early generation Labradoodles are solely cross between a Labrador and a Poodle."

41 - 48 of 48 Posts