Poodle Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Donut mustaches are different than bear-bear trims. The next issue of CGQ magazine is having a HOW TO article on the adorable little Japanese style grooms. I recently put my 10 year old female in a totally different looking haircut. But this is still a poodle face, not the Bear face

Attachments

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Donut mustaches are different than bear-bear trims. The next issue of CGQ magazine is having a HOW TO article on the adorable little Japanese style grooms. I recently put my 10 year old female in a totally different looking haircut. But this is still a poodle face, not the Bear face
The mustaches are different from the Bear Bear trims, but what to do when the client asks to "shave off all the hair, but I hate the pointy looking nose" - a mustache! The various mustache styles are a good alternative between the cute Bear Bear look and completely shaven.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The mustaches are different from the Bear Bear trims, but what to do when the client asks to "shave off all the hair, but I hate the pointy looking nose" - a mustache! The various mustache styles are a good alternative between the cute Bear Bear look and completely shaven.
oh wow, you are good! I wish the groomers here are as half as good as you.
Your client gave you a riddle and you delivered!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It is much easier to create the "bear, bear" facial look on a toy or mini but does not look as good on a Spoo (looks like a doodle). But it is all in the grooming & I think that if a "breeder" is breeding short noses then DON'T buy from them because they really are breeding from the standard. I see too many short nosed, bug eyed poodles & they are not pretty.

I will post some photo's of my Louise in the "Bear, bear", clean shaven #9 working on Portie head now with fuller face. Then I will post photo's of clients dogs in a modified bear style.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
In the following pictures are Phantom a Brown & Cream phantom done in a Bear type face. Then a picture of Bristol an Apricot in her 1st Bear. I have since modified the ears on Bristol & taken them much shorter. I personally love short ears IF the dog's ears fold down. If they are ears that are too high set or small or light then they need the weight of long hair to hold the ears down. But you will see Louisa, Phantom & Bristol I do short ears on. Phantoms 1 ear is also a "fake" job since he is missing 1/2 his ear BUT I was able to add weight to the inside of his ear & leave the outside slightly fuller adding weight to the ear. Anyway, most poodle people love long ears but I am not one of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Just wanted to show you 2 poodles with the short, bug eyed, round head. I find them personally ugly. Looks like somebody slapped a shih tzu head on these guys. Not my preference & totally wrong for breed standard & I am hoping that is NOT what is being bred in other countries but it sounds like it is. I do love their coats, unfortunately the owner wants them shaved with short TK so oh well at least they are taken care of.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It is much easier to create the "bear, bear" facial look on a toy or mini but does not look as good on a Spoo (looks like a doodle). But it is all in the grooming & I think that if a "breeder" is breeding short noses then DON'T buy from them because they really are breeding from the standard. I see too many short nosed, bug eyed poodles & they are not pretty.

I will post some photo's of my Louise in the "Bear, bear", clean shaven #9 working on Portie head now with fuller face. Then I will post photo's of clients dogs in a modified bear style.
OMG, he looks a lot like our pup!

I just got him today and is sleeping in his crate beside my bed. XD
My little sister is so happy with him!

Just wanted to show you 2 poodles with the short, bug eyed, round head. I find them personally ugly. Looks like somebody slapped a shih tzu head on these guys. Not my preference & totally wrong for breed standard & I am hoping that is NOT what is being bred in other countries but it sounds like it is. I do love their coats, unfortunately the owner wants them shaved with short TK so oh well at least they are taken care of.
I actually liked them to be honest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Noob!!

Hi! Have you visited the facebook page for poodle lovers in Ph?
See you soon there and lets talk about your new baby ^_^
Grats for finally deciding to bring home a lovely poodle.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
They are nice dogs to work on & the faces are workable since they have good ears & great texture to the hair. The eyes though are round, muzzles are blunt & thick, skull is very round. Not my taste for a Poodle but they are nice dogs. Just like short legs are not my flavor but some people like the short legged cobby bodied poodles even though it is way off.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I like poodle is ALL haircuts, they are just awesome. I personally prefer standard poodles, because I love large dogs, Im too clumsy to have a small one.
I love Lou's haircut, the first few pictures she was freshly groomed, then one is when I let her hair grow for winter and the last one is what she looks like most of the time. So basically you can do anything u want when it comes to haircut.

Google this:

CAMEL POODLE
BUFFALO POODLE

hehehehhe :)

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts