Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my goodness. I think I have the best puppy in the whole world! :D She is a little cuddlebug. The drive took us a lot longer than I imagined. It was 5 hours one way. She was fantastic. It helped that the breeder played her out before we got there, so she did her share of sleeping. She would get spooked with all the new sounds (like semi trucks) and just look at us for reassurance then go back to sleep.

When we got home, we introduced her to her new backyard. I was worried about her eating after her 5 hour drive, so we got her some food. We brought food on the drive, but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. After she ate, we couldn't get her outside fast enough. No worries. We'll figure out the whole potty thing soon enough. She is getting more acquainted to her new yard and her new home. She played a little bit. She's still a little shy taking it all in.

Greg gave her a belly rub and she couldn't fight the sleepies! I'm getting some coffee ready. Greg and I have been getting up at 4:00am the last few days in all of our travels, so we are already behind on sleep. LOL. It will be fun to see how she does her first night.

One of her sisters is in Virginia. The other one is still with the breeder. What a cute little sweetheart! When I called the breeder, Kay Amen, to let her know we made it home, she said her sister was crying for her little playmate. She's lonely!

The breeder gave us a toy, some food, and a gift package from Eukanuba. She took the time to answer our questions and helped us figure out how to get her acclimated to her new home.

Whew! I have her in my lap and still can't believe she is here. She has the sweetest little eyelashes and a cute little nose, rubbery little toes. . . . :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
The picture of her sleeping on her back is just the best!! I'm so happy you finally have your new baby home. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is a toy. We are alternating playing and taking naps. Well, she is taking naps. I can't take my eyes off of her.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats on finally getting Zulee! She is adorable! That last picture is so cute...what a sweetheart.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yay congrats BFF! I was just thinking about you today and thinking you must be bringing Zulee home soon, and here she is. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
AWE!!! :love: she's home!! Welcome home Zulee! :wave:
I am SO happy for you!! She is just adorable!! LOVE the last picture especially! Enjoy every minute of her and this special time in her life!! Don't stress about the training, just relax and take one day at a time! So happy for you!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yay, Welcome home little Zulee. What an adorable little doll she is. Have fun with your new little fur baby. Maybe now that she is home you will be able to get some rest.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Aww congratulations!! =] She's SO cute! I'm glad she's getting used to her new home, and I'm looking forward to lots of pics of her growing up! ;)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Finally, Zulee is home! She is so darn cute!! I, too, love the shot of her sleeping, that is just toooo adorable!
Congrats on your new baby. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone for sharing your welcome to little Zulee. Her first night went well. We got up 4 times and she went potty each time. I remembered Ponki's trick and put her poo where I want her to go. For the most part, she is now being really good about going in her designated place. The other accidents are really more my fault for not taking her out more often. I lose track of time.

She has been playing and sleeping. She does have a really cute expression even when she sleeps. She has a pink crab that she likes the most. I've also been really excited to find that she has been following me and not trying to explore independently. It's like she already respects me as the pack leader....I just hope to keep that trend going.

She comes when called and will sit. She is still learning her name though. I tried to get some more fun picks. I'm having a hard time catching the ones I want with my poor little camera.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts