Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
April 30, 2021 — Zuke’s has voluntarily removed its popular Zuke’s Mini Naturals Dog Treats from retail stores due to a potential quality issue.

Read more here:

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
Oiy! I normally don't use treats like Zukes but just bought two bags through Amazon for a couple of special projects. Another uuggghhh moment...

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s a little annoying that they don’t go into more detail, but it sounds like the issue’s with the preservative.

Zuke’s were Gracie’s favourite, but the glycerin softens Peggy’s poop. It’s been a while since I bought a bag.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oiy! I normally don't use treats like Zukes but just bought two bags through Amazon for a couple of special projects. Another uuggghhh moment...
Amazon sells too many knockoffs. According to the bag, the Haribo Gold Bears you get on Amazon are made in China. The same product I get at Ralph's or Albertsons or CVS are made in Germany. After all, it is a German product. I recently got burned trying to buy a Hydro Flask on Amazon. Amazon had the color I wanted. Got a Chinese knockoff instead. Same name but the flask was obviously not a Hydro Flask.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amazon sells too many knockoffs. According to the bag, the Haribo Gold Bears you get on Amazon are made in China. The same product I get at Ralph's or Albertsons or CVS are made in Germany. After all, it is a German product. I recently got burned trying to buy a Hydro Flask on Amazon. Amazon had the color I wanted. Got a Chinese knockoff instead. Same name but the flask was obviously not a Hydro Flask.
This is why it’s important to ensure you’re purchasing directly from Amazon rather than a third-party/independent seller. If you do choose a third-party seller, make sure they’re trusted.

·
Premium Member
24,103 Posts
This is why it’s important to ensure you’re purchasing directly from Amazon rather than a third-party/independent seller. If you do choose a third-party seller, make sure they’re trusted.
Not knockoffs real Zukes. I am careful with Anazon for reasons both of you noted.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
605 Posts
I bought a couple of bags of these, but I've only opened the peanut butter one. Elroy tried it and spit it out. Tried again a few days later, same result.

·
Super Moderator
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a couple of bags of these, but I've only opened the peanut butter one. Elroy tried it and spit it out. Tried again a few days later, same result.
Maybe you got one of the off ones. Glad he spit it out!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Topper loves Zuke's minis for training treats and I have several bags. We stocked up to bring some to our vacation place on the North Shore of Lake Superior, where the closest place to get quality dog treats is 30 miles away. Until we go into town, I guess we'll focus on nose work, where we use hot dogs. Or I will make Topper super happy by using cheese. He'll do nearly anything for cheese!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts