Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoey did great yesterday in surgery and she is home now! She is hurting but the vet said 2 weeks and she should be good, 4 weeks and you probably won't be able to tell she had the surgery!!!! She is such a little trooper! The atrophy in her leg is soooooo obvious now that her leg is shaved, you could feel it before but, wow her leg is skinny. Doc said that will start to develope normally again once the leg is healed, so she will have good tone again and hopefully be a Ch in the altered class in UKC!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you....I was planning on putting her in a continental anyways lol, but a better one lol. She had/has LCP (legg calves parthese disease) so she had to have FHO surgery and spayed, poor girl had 2 major surgeries at the same time yesterday, but it was better to have them both done at once. I will keep everyone poste don how she does. :stickyman:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
OMG, the poor girl. Have only ever known of 2 dogs in Australia with LCP.
Operation cost thousands. Poor sweety, give her hugs from me.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Oh, the poor, sweet little girl! I am glad she is doing well and will be feeling well shortly but sorry that you both had to go through this. Kisses and hugs to her!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Your're so right, Zoey is such a good little trooper. Hope she mends quickly. She is such a little doll. I'm sorry that she is hurting, but glad to hear that the vet feels she will be back to new again before to long.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hugs passed on to Zoey! She should be back up and running soon. The vet said that little dogs do better with the FHO surgery then larger dogs since they don't weigh as much the healing time is faster I think. I feel so bad for her though. To top it off it is the rainy season here, and my x-pen is in storage, so her quick trips to go potty are wet.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has only been a couple days and Zoey is already starting to "toe" she is putting her toe on the floor, that is good, she will deff be healed in a couple weeks. She is not very happy since she can not stay outside and play she is trying to tree squirells with Tynk already! So she is confinded to the house unless she has to go potty and miserable for it. She scared me Soooo bad she just went darting off across the yard trying to get it! I did not think she could move that fast right now, but her tail was wagging and she was VERY happy with herself for treeing it LOL!!!!!:bolt:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts