Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what TPFKAP has. Poor baby.

So, now he is medicated for two weeks. Woo. I also got the lecture that the vaccination for this needs to be given twice a year... and it doesn't assure they won't get kennel cough, but it makes sure it isn't as bad. Super helpful. :eyeroll:

And with that, I leave you with my most faaaavorite haircut of his (taken July of 09!) Wish it would grow back faster to look like this! This is me, admitting that I ruined his hair!

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
awww poor Poodle Formally Known as Perry!

The year before last, we had a rescue dog that dug under our fence and ran away. We went to the pound to look for him, but someone brought him in JUST after we left.
He spent 3 days there before we got a lead saying there was a dog matching his discription. Oh, and the dog was also being treated for heartworms (poor guy had a rough life) Well, when we bailed him out we noticed a cough, and I just figured it was from the heartworms dying. When he went in for the second round of treatment, we found out he had Kennel Cough....and then it spread like wildfire!
Everyone made it out ok in the end though

Hope TPFKAP feels better soon.

(hey you could just call him TPFKAP- "Tipf Cap" lol)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awww poor Poodle Formally Known as Perry!

The year before last, we had a rescue dog that dug under our fence and ran away. We went to the pound to look for him, but someone brought him in JUST after we left.
He spent 3 days there before we got a lead saying there was a dog matching his discription. Oh, and the dog was also being treated for heartworms (poor guy had a rough life) Well, when we bailed him out we noticed a cough, and I just figured it was from the heartworms dying. When he went in for the second round of treatment, we found out he had Kennel Cough....and then it spread like wildfire!
Everyone made it out ok in the end though

Hope TPFKAP feels better soon.

(hey you could just call him TPFKAP- "Tipf Cap" lol)
Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't spread to the other pups! So far so good, TQ doesn't have it! (They live in the same room!)

Poor little guy. TPFKAP looks good no matter his haircut.
No no, BFF, no no! You haven't SEEN him! Once he is done with this kennel cough, we're getting it fixed!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
[email protected]?!! Does he have horns? Is this why he has that big smile on him all the time? Is he thinking mischievous thoughts? TPFKAP is too sweet.

Did you scissor his topknot again?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[email protected]?!! Does he have horns? Is this why he has that big smile on him all the time? Is he thinking mischievous thoughts? TPFKAP is too sweet.

Did you scissor his topknot again?
Oh no, no horns... thankfully!

I'll do you one better than scissoring him... I bought clippers to trim him down. It went HORRIBLY. Hence no new pictures of him! Thankfully. I guess it was like... two weeks ago, and he has grown out a bit. Now I'm just going to take him in and ask for him to be all one length :D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aww poor baby, I hope he gets better fast. Did your vet put him on antibiotics or caugh suppressant?
Ummm... I think he gave him both. I have a yellow pill to give him and a blue pill. The yellow is the "doggy cough drop" and the blue is his "doggy mucinex". It's in quotes because that is exactly what the vet said.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Ummm... I think he gave him both. I have a yellow pill to give him and a blue pill. The yellow is the "doggy cough drop" and the blue is his "doggy mucinex". It's in quotes because that is exactly what the vet said.

With both of these meds, he should get better fast. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts