Poodle Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love Basil’s custom hairstyle! Clean feet take me a long time too. I always do them on their own day for grooming. She’s just fantastic. Lacey normally doesn’t care about other dogs onscreen but she was very interested in Basil.
That's cute to hear about Lacey :) I wanted a very vintage poodly trim. I'll link the grooming video that I followed below incase you're inspired.

The groomer, Blake Hernadez is the bee's knees:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kudos to you for learning to groom Basil.

It’s hard to find unique poodle groom demonstrations on YouTube. I’m definitely going to watch the video you linked and see what else he’s posted. I love learning new grooming techniques and it’s also just entertaining.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm loving all these videos!

I think both you @PeggyTheParti and Peggy would love agility. I hope when the time is right you will sign up for a class. I had high hopes for performance dog trials in 2021 (see that 2021 goal thread, lol) but now I am having doubts due to covid/vaccination situation nationwide.

@Basil_the_Spoo I also love vintage poodle trims and Blake's work. Thanks for posting that video. I hope we see Basil in a Fifth Avenue someday. Violet is in a Desi now, though it is not vintage it is Blake-ish. When/if I give up on my UKC show dream and top knot fun, Violet is going straight into a Fifth Avenue.

@Rose n Poos thank you for posting the Molly videos and for letting us meet Holly and Noelle. Brought a tear to my eye.

@Porkchop Lacey's topknot remains my inspiration. She is such a cutie running in the snow and chewing her bone. More please!

@lily cd re thanks for the training videos. It is good to see poodles at work and realize some of the things I see Violet do are very poodley movements and expression. I especially loved the close-up "its yer choice" video of handsome Javalin.

And all the rest of you who have posted awesome videos, thank you for all the enjoyment. Somehow I lost track of this thread and spent some enjoyable time this morning catching up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Today I leaned she really hated the feeling of the ball in her mouth when covered in snow! She normally retrieves it (and runs past me with it, little butthead)!

Instead she had me traipsing all over the tennis courts to scoop it up and throw it for her again, lol. It was nice to have her off leash, it’s been awhile.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts