Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be only for videos of PF members' poodles! The idea blossomed from this discussion by Porkchop and Rose n Poos:

Seeing videos of other PF poodles (like Beckie and Merlin ❤) make me so happy. It’s almost like getting to meet them in real life.
I think you're onto an idea for a new permanent thread of random videos of the PF Poodles! I love a good poodle picture but, you're right, seeing others poodles in videos really lets me get to know
Consider it done and stickied.

The only thing I will suggest is if you have concerns about privacy, to create a separate or 2nd YouTube channel in your dog's name or something anonymous.

If you don't have a YouTube account, Google Support which owns YouTube, has those directions with a video are here.

If you already have a YouTube channel but want to add a 2nd one without your real name to show off your dog's videos, here is a video of those easy directions.

Also, feel free to post your favorite video(s) of your poodle that you previously posted on another thread!

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
I have lots of videos (mostly training related) on a youTube channel and am happy to share. Here is a link to a recent session and if you want to see more you can follow my channel (as I think a couple of people here already do. As an fyi Javelin wears a black collar and Lily's is pink.

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On Youtube, you can decide to have your videos seen only by those who have a link for them. This is what I do for mine. It’s a good way to keep your privacy.
True, you can set a video to 'unlisted' or 'private' and share the link only with people whom you want to see it. For example, if the name of the video is Gigi's Wild Ride Driving on Rt 70, it won't show in a YouTube search.

However, everyone with the link (for example, the entire forum) can see video and your user name on that YouTube Channel. If your chosen YouTube user name is Jolly Gigi the Spoo, no problem, but if it's your real name like Jane Doe, everyone on the forum who clicks on it will see it. Some people genuinely won't care, but others might.

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
Don't have my last name on my YouTube channel and you all already know my name is Catherine. I am fine with how I shared.

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think it would be ok to post some of MollyMuiMa's Molly here, to keep them remembered?..
Rose, lovely idea. I can't recall her posting a video, but if you can find it please feel free to post the link. I did find the video slideshow Laurel did for the March 2018 contest. It brought a sad smile to my face, she is still missed.

MollyMuiMa: "A Princess Named Molly" on Smilebox.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Great thread! I love seeing videos of members' poodles when I've been hearing about them for so long! Here's some of Misha's that have been posted before. There's others on his youtube channel. I've been slacking since the semester started, but I'm sure I'll make more once we are on break again.

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
This is fun since it got me to go back quite a way to find all sorts of stuff like baby chickens, but also this one

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is fun since it got me to go back quite a way to find all sorts of stuff like baby chickens...
I've been nature-starved this year, and would love to see poodles with chickens (or any other farm animals). Can they safely be around baby chicks or is their prey drive too high for baby birds?

·
Registered
767 Posts
This is fun since it got me to go back quite a way to find all sorts of stuff like baby chickens, but also this one
HOLY COW! THAT’S WHAT FLUFFY IS DOING!

Um, Fluffy’s trying to get Misty to play when he does this, I guess. She wants no part of his youngster shenanigans and snarks him off. I thought they were just a weird way of doing a mounting attempt, since Misty’s never done that sort of play, and discouraged it... I can be kind of dense at times, it seems...

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
Vita I had to train all of the dogs to be on their best behaviors around baby birds. I did take each dog (usually with BF as helper) to the room where the brooder was to show each bird to each dog. I picked the birds up and held them close to me so the dogs would understand they were important and BF held them on leash, had them sitting and could control things if anyone got too excited. It has worked out well. Lily doesn't care about the chickens just wants to eat their food which is organic but corn based and off her list of things to eat. Peeves finally has gotten old enough to not try to herd them anymore. He made friends with one who has since passed on. We showed him her body so he could hopefully understand she was gone from his life. Javelin is still willing to harass them a bit but also has such a rock solid recall that I can call him away from them.

Floofy I made sure I watched when they played like that but I rarely intervened when Javelin was young and I still don't.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Rose, lovely idea. I can't recall her posting a video, but if you can find it please feel free to post the link. I did find the video slideshow Laurel did for the March 2018 contest. It brought a sad smile to my face, she is still missed.

MollyMuiMa: "A Princess Named Molly" on Smilebox.
MMM/Laurel's YouTube channel with some Molly videos is still up. I ran across it a while back. I'll do a separate post featuring her name at the top, add a couple of vids for here and then the link. Thanks for the go ahead :)

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Three of my girls Holly (green) and Noel (red).

The first is early 2000's, taken with a 1.3 megapixel Pencam. The quality is terrible but it's one of the few early videos we have of them, Not unique to us but we titled them Champion Poodle Federation Wrestlers. (The music was just my daily background, not meant to go with the video.)

This is one of the last videos of the two together, in 2016.

This third was after we'd lost Noel and a month before we lost Holly. Taken on Halloween 2016. She kept that hat on thru the whole walk around our neighborhood 🍅

1 - 20 of 53 Posts