• with Riki

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NZ Kennel Club publishes a magazine every month except over dec/Jan they only have one issue. The dec/jan issue has a cover competition to enter a photo "which best portrays Dogdom, in a fun and positive way". I figure I can but try!!! hehe. It's be very cool to have a poodle on the cover anyway!
But, I can't decide which photo to send. Now it doesn't say you can only send one anyway, but I would like to narrow it down a bit more...

Here are the 5 I have narrowed it down to so far, that I want you to vote on! I can only post 4 here, but will put the 5th in the next post to view...

#1; the latest daffodil one:

#2; last years daffodil one:

#3; an 'I've been playing with the hose' one:

#4; an old one from the beach:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#5 another old one with Riki on a walk we did:

I have lots more I could use too, but I have kept it to "summer-y" sort of photos (dec/jan is summer for us! snow/leaves ones aren't as likely to get in I don't think!) and of course they have to be portrait rather than landscape, and most of my pics are landscape! lol.

Of course I think any of them would make a nice magazine cover, but thinking of the general public and what would be most preferred by someone trying to pick the winner is hard, so a varied opinion is what I'm after!! lol.

FD

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think either #2 or #5. They are both really great! #5 is more "dog like" I guess, with the buddies there and the big smiles, and #2 is very well composed and REALLY cute!! :) I think all of these pictures would be great for a magazine cover but those two are my favorites.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Looking at them again, number 2 is still my fave, but I also really like number 4. The way she is standing and the colours are quite cool.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My two favorites are #2 and #5. I voted for 2 but am kind of thinking 5 would make a better summer photo. They are wonderful. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I really like both the 2008 and 2009 daffodil shots a lot. Was very hard to choose between them. Picked the 2009 because no collar or chain showing in this picture,unless you look real hard, so looks like just roaming free in the daffodils.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I voted #1 b/c the grooming was impeccable! It really looks like a professional photo. The others are really great too, especially the one w/ two dogs, they look very cute together.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
5 works for me : ))) !!!!! Love the composition and clouds behind and the mist - the photo "tells a story" to me, not just pretty to look at. No. 1 is my second choice since I do not like the view of a building in the background of No. 2.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts