Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you gave your poodle a name worthy of a dignified dog.

But what do you call him when the two of you are alone? What sweet names do you whisper in her ear?

When we're snuggling Normie becomes 'Normie Doodle.' or even 'Poodle-Doodle.'

You can see why he requests that I only whisper these names.

Super Moderator
Normie's are so cute! Peggy's are ridiculous:

Pugee
Poodge
De Poodge

Oh, and we call her Jimpy when she tucks her tail and starts zooming around. It can also be used as an adjective: "She's extra jimpy today." Or a verb: "Look out! She's jimpying!"

These words, in case it's not obvious, are completely nonsensical. 馃槀

Registered
Groot has many nicknames depending on my mood 馃槅. He responds to Fluffy since that鈥檚 one of the most consistent ones, but some of my other favorites are: Jungle Jim, Bunny Boy, Bugaloo, and Butterwugs. I don鈥檛 know how/why I come up with such things.

I haven鈥檛 had Snoop long enough to make up as many ridiculous names for her, but I鈥檝e been calling her Snoopy Doodle recently.

Premium Member
Lily = Mischief or pupchick
Javelin = Javvy pups or baby boy
Peeves = Old man

Registered
Mine depend on my mood too, and what they are doing!

Max: Maxster Baxter, baby boy
Lily: silly Lily Dilly, Miss Lily
Misty: Misty girl, sweetie girl, Misty NY (at agility because there is a Misty Vermont)
Gracie: Gracie girl, Miss Grace , devil girl

I imagine Gracie鈥檚 devil girl will fade away as she grow out of her devilish antics, I do say it with affection!

Registered
When she鈥檚 acting below poodle IQ level, I call my standard 鈥淒ino Brain鈥 in reference to her dinosaur-like skull. Of course, she鈥檚 also 鈥渕y curly girlie鈥
Lol! I've always thought standard poodles look like dinosaurs. Not sure why I assumed I was alone in this.
Lol! When Sisko was a puppy we'd say he was a T-Rex 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 and he lived up to that nickname!

Registered
have a problem. maggie loves to play fetch. however she will not bring it back so that I can throw it again. She drops it just out of reach. I use my foot to get the ball. I have tried ignoring her. unless she gets it close, but I cann"t get her to comply. This is the extremely shy kennel dog I adopted 3+ months ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts