Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poodle absolutely loves the broom. She will whine from her pen if she sees us sweeping and she can't chase it. In spite of all the toys she has, the broom is probably her favorite 馃槀. We don't mind, it's actually funny how much she loves the broom over everything else. When the floor is clean, we let her out of her pen and pretend sweep so she can burn some energy chasing it.

Does anyone else have "non-toys" that your poodle loves playing with?

Registered
My socks. I have never ever used one as a toy but when I get home and take my shoes off Misha has all this pent up excitement and will immediately grab a sock and run around with it. He usually doesn't mess with them except when he just needs to have something in his mouth and the sock is near. He also enjoys things like bottle caps. Anything small and plastic. But thankfully does not swallow them.

Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
Oh yes. Many! Paper bags (he shreds them! ). Cardboard boxes (shreds them! ). The yard rake (attacks and barks at it to no end!). Dust mop (completely stops my progress sweeping up!). Dish towels (he just HAS to take one off the stove handle when he comes in from the backyard!). And of course the old stand by...socks (never damages them, but needs to mouth on one every once in a while!).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yes. Many! Paper bags (he shreds them! ). Cardboard boxes (shreds them! ). The yard rake (attacks and barks at it to no end!). Dust mop (completely stops my progress sweeping up!). Dish towels (he just HAS to take one off the stove handle when he comes in from the backyard!). And of course the old stand by...socks (never damages them, but needs to mouth on one once in a while !
My pup loves dish towels too! She'll nab the ones hanging from the oven and try to run away with them. She loves rags in general. My family keeps rags on the floor to wipe up water spills and my pup loooves wrestling with them. It's harmless and not destructive so we let her.

Registered
Number one is socks and now number 2 is my husbands flip flops. She has a new fascination for them. She doesn't chew them but will carry one around in her mouth and then get the other one. It must be the smell of the plastic as she doesn't touch my flip flops which are different.

Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
Not to derail the thread, but should I have wool dryer balls? Never heard of them before. I just use anti static sheets.
Dryer balls are hypoallergenic, more economical, and more environmentally friendly, but dryer sheets leave clothes softer in tests.

Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
Dryer balls are hypoallergenic, more economical, and more environmentally friendly, but dryer sheets leave clothes softer in tests.
Thank you @Liz! Now back to your regular station!
Pots from annuals and perennials are one of Elroy's outdoor favorites!

Super Moderator
Wool dryer balls also help when you need to restore the loft to something you are drying. I always use them when I'm drying anything stuffed with down or polyfill. They also seem to reduce the amount that sheets get dangled into a damp ball, but YMMV.

Registered
As a puppy Oona came home in the fall and used to love to play with green tomatoes from the garden after the season had ended. She didn't eat them, but would bite it and throw it around and play with it like a ball. Years ago, my now 10-year old came up with the phrase "I'm giving you an old tomato" when she was little, mishearing "ultimatum" as "old tomato" and imagining it must be when someone throws "old tomatoes" at you to get them to do what you want. So it was funny when Oona also displayed a penchant for tossing around old tomatoes, leftover post summer harvest.

Registered
Phoebes favorite toy is also the cat. We鈥檙e working on that鈥
She has always loved water bottles and empty garden center pots (love that crinkle!).
Lately the trampoline has a huge appeal to her. Especially if I ask her to potty and she doesn鈥檛 need to, she will take off for the trampoline, then bounce around on it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts