Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are your other pets besides your dogs?

My other pets are two female betta fish, Isla and Kora. They have so much personality and I am very attached to them. They are MUCH prettier than my phone pictures show. I got Isla (purple) in July 2018 and Kora (multi color) this past July. They are each in their own 3 gallon tanks with heaters and filters. Female bettas can be kept together, but you need to have a minimum of 5 of them, and they need a larger tank, and I'm not sure I can take on that kind of project right now!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Great thread ! You must have read my mind, I almost did the same thing just a few hours ago...

Besides Beckie and Merlin, I also have a Betta fish named Charlie who is in a 5 gallons tank. He might get upgraded to a 10 gallon in the next year. Charlie is very curious and a very bad swimmer. He likes to eat, observe people and lounge on his leaf bed. He lives with a nerite snail.

I also have 36 community fish in a 45 gallon tank. I have many different species but my favorites are my platies. I would like to have an all platy tank but will wait until everyone passes before I do, since there is no more room.

Last, but not least, there is Nuage, my 6 week old hybrid dwarf hamster. He is a pearl agouti (or vice-versa, not sure...) and a sweet heart. He also likes to eat, run his wheel, burrow and sleep in the little nests he makes.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, how funny--we are always on the same wavelength!

When did you get all the fishies?! Pics, please!

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Oh, how funny--we are always on the same wavelength!

When did you get all the fishies?! Pics, please!
I got my 45 gallons this summer and Charlie about 2 months later. I missed my old aquarium and I decided I needed to fix that.

Your females are very pretty by the way and I think you should upgrade to a 20 gallons. The bigger, the easier to maintain and care for !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I used to have a 100 gallon tank with one softball sized, round goldfish. Watching the fish was Sailor's favorite pastime. Now my non-poodle pets are the Jack Russell Terror, and Stellaluna, the Sphynx cat. Outside we have five chickens, all over eight years old, and the Sulcata tortoise. Oh, I almost forgot the mean Indian Ringneck that only likes my dad. She has drawn blood on all of us females in the family. You would think she would not bite the hand that feeds her, hah! Apparently,she did not read that manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love betta fish and their bubble nests! I've had them in the past and look forward to getting another one in the future.

For now, Jessie shares her home with two kitties, Ella and Cleo. Ella is a sweet 8 year old tabby who we just snatched back from the grim reaper after a bout of acute kidney failure (of unknown cause- scary!). Cleo is a little tuxedo cat with just buckets of personality. Jessie lets Ella sleep in her dog bed and understands that Ella is in charge of things. Jessie lets Cleo try to eat her poodle food, and also doesn't mind when Cleo tries to pounce on her when we're playing indoor fetch.

When we watch TV, my husband and I are squeezed onto two cushions of our couch with all three fuzzy friends :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Olie
20191110_092831_1573396458142.jpg
Georgie
20191110_092854_1573396473572.jpg
The parakeets Reggie, Jughead, Mr. Jones, Bandy, Armarillo and vanilla
20191110_092917_1573396489967.jpg 20191110_092920_1573396506898.jpg
Gracie the pom/chi
20191110_092956_1573396523248.jpg
Walter Grey
20191110_093157_1573396535279.jpg
Other know as the non poodles

·
Registered
529 Posts
Beautiful pets, everyone! It is great fun to see them.

In my dreams I have a fish pond encircled by a Japanese garden, and an outdoor aviary being safely watched from a window by a ragdoll cat. Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to do all that work, and I'm allergic to cats. Guess I will just keep dreaming and enjoy the pets I do have.

Here's is a picture of our pug, Spanky. He is a jolly good fellow and a friend to all. The shadow beside him is Jojo, his best friend for life who left us this last summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
At this time our other pets are all dogs:

Cruise - border collie/whippet - so named because he is a counter surfer. He was Zoe's foster father - he did his best to make a model citizen of her. He is 13 years old and still an accomplished food thief. He recently grabbed a piece of fried chicken right off my plate! I had to chase him through the house to recover it.

Miss Molly - Chihuahua/pom - from the Chihuahua rescue association. A typical self-confident little dog. She accompanies Joanne everywhere.

And Opal. the big galoot. Zoe's very best friend. They play wild games most of the day.
Maybe next summer we will build another chicken house and get some more chickens. No more horses, though; I can no longer toss 80 lb hay bales. (Getting old is the pits!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm down to only my three dogs ( 2 spoos and 1 GSD ) now so here are my grand dogs and grand kitties. We ( Aero and I ) visit them weekly:

All three are Devon Rex 4 to 5 years old:

These two were from our city animal shelter, found as strays:

This was my last snake, an amelanistic cornsnake, that I had for 24 years in the classroom. I got her when she was only a few months old. She was a wonderful snake ambassador so I gave her to my teacher friend when I retired so students could continue to learn from her.

Here is my last horse ( Mr. Investor's Zippo ) at 22 years old and in great health. I gave him away a couple of years ago to a young girl learning to ride when he no longer had a pasture companion.

I love seeing everyone's animals!

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Twyla, I love your birds! My family's first cockatiel looked just like your Olie (he was our Petey), and my Lucky looked just like your Georgie.
Dogs4Life I inherited the cockatiels Georgie and Olie from my mom, I promised I'd care for them when she passed, her previous cockatiel Sammy lived for 30 years. I rather like them Georgie is a singer, I've taught him a few tunes. Olie well doesn't like me which is okay. The pair is 5 years now.
As for the parakeets, I had parakeets most of my life, and had a least a pair of them since 1993. The current batch are spangled greens, and one Olive green.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts