Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are probably too many things to list that you love. You must pick just 1 though (very hard i know)! :)

My Favorite thing is to lay with him on the bed. He doesnt like to cuddle and usually lays with his head facing my feet on my backside. Sometimes though he will lay curled in a ball on my front side. He will lay right next to me and eventally uncurl himself. He will then be laying right against me with his head near my neck like we are spooning. I will stroke and kiss his cheek. It is very much a bonding time for us.

While that is my favorite i love to go walk at the park. Also i love it when i am typing at the computer and he will come behind me and poke his nose under my elbow for some loving.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Good thread

With Olie I will drop to the floor while he is kicked back and lay my face up against his, he is so soft and kiss his face and neck. And then with Suri I love when she is standing beside me looking up at me and following me around. It makes me feel like she has accepted me and then my family. It could have went either way and its pretty great right now:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, we have only had a week together so far, but when Bucky smiles...I love that! It makes all the world seem right!:)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
You are right, there is so much I could say I love about my guys.... geesh.. so hard to pick one. Let's see, with Grace I would have to say when she is allowed to lay with me in bed.... she is so gentle and puts her nose up near my face, gives a couple quick, little licks and then stares in my eyes with her head over my arm resting on the blankets, then she goes to sleep like that. A related thing is when we go for rides she loves to greet both Deb and I when we get into the car by snuffling in our ears and giving a quick, light lick on our cheek. She just makes me smile all the time!

Chantel is talking to her, she tips her head when being talked to. I have never seen a dog tip its head so much....lol. It is too adorable.

Ivy is taking her out in public, she loves everyone and everything and thinks everyone MUST love her too! She will go out of her way to greet people with her tail going a mile a minute and her body wiggling.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Since this is juuuuust about poodles, I'll only say Perry's... but TheQueen is my girl!

With Perry, I know this is horrible, but I love to hold him and love on him. He is just so little, and I've never had a small dog before. My favorite part is that he is so comfortable and has confidence in me when I am holding him that he will lay his head across my chest and under my neck and fall asleep.

He's a cuddle bug, and thankfully, he is starting to gain a little weight so he is less bony! lol

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I guess my number one favorite thing to do with Teddy is snuggling, but I also really enjoy when he's riding shotgun in the car. He's such a great traveling companion (even though sometimes I get the distinct feeling he's judging my driving). I bought him a car seat that I strap him into so he can see out. He watches through the windshield just like a person, and when I'm backing out of the driveway, I swear he's watching my progress in the rearview mirror on his side. I'm really glad he can't talk!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I guess my number one favorite thing to do with Teddy is snuggling, but I also really enjoy when he's riding shotgun in the car. He's such a great traveling companion (even though sometimes I get the distinct feeling he's judging my driving). I bought him a car seat that I strap him into so he can see out. He watches through the windshield just like a person, and when I'm backing out of the driveway, I swear he's watching my progress in the rearview mirror on his side. I'm really glad he can't talk!
I want one of those! Perry LOVES to ride in the car, but he can never see anything. I'm so tempted to just buy him a kid booster seat. The dog one is $60 at PetsMart here!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
When Harry stands up to give me a high 5 it's so cute. He wraps both paws around my hand like he's hugging my hand. I laugh every single time because of how cute he looks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
With Inca, it's when it's cold outside and she lies next to me and I can warm my hands on her tummy. With Coco it's when she stands on her back legs, puts her head on one side and looks like a demented meercat. I also do agility and dance with them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ok so my all time favorite thing to do with the Pood (and my other two little girls) is to just relax in bed. They are the best cuddlers and always make me feel better on a bad day.
As far as activities....i love to go riding down the road with Mister running alongside us.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Since he doesn't really cuddle much, I would have to say my absolute favorite thing to do with Desmond is wrestle. We get really into it, it's vicious! ;) He gets loud and howls, barks, and growls/grumbles at me, and we have so much fun. It's kind of a "bonding" time, I guess, but it's really fun and cute and I love having a big ol' dog to wrestle with. :) To some people, it would seem like I'm being abusive, but I swear, he loves it to death. He noticeably has less fun if I'm not a little tough on him, really. I make sure things don't get out of hand though, and I'm very careful not to hurt him (or have him hurt me for that matter!! he's very very cautious, it's funny).

I also love giving him lots and lots of kisses on his nose. I just can't get enough of how cute he is! I think he gets embarrassed, lol, but I love kissing his nose soooo much. <3

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My favourite thing to do with Matrix is cuddle on the couch. He's not a big cuddler, so when he initiates the snuggles, it's the best.

My favourite thing to do with Mitch is taking him for his daily run, whether at the dog park or the school. I just love how happy and prancey he gets and I know how much he LOVES it.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since he doesn't really cuddle much, I would have to say my absolute favorite thing to do with Desmond is wrestle. We get really into it, it's vicious! He gets loud and howls, barks, and growls/grumbles at me, and we have so much fun. It's kind of a "bonding" time, I guess, but it's really fun and cute and I love having a big ol' dog to wrestle with. To some people, it would seem like I'm being abusive, but I swear, he loves it to death. He noticeably has less fun if I'm not a little tough on him, really. I make sure things don't get out of hand though, and I'm very careful not to hurt him (or have him hurt me for that matter!! he's very very cautious, it's funny).
OMG, Riley LOVES to wrestle!! He actually enjoys being "slapped" (not hard) in the face. It really get him going. He will growl and paw at me and we mock fight. He has Never left marks on me, and will complete Stop if i say so. He can be snarling one second and lick my face if i ask the next. I love playing with him too.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Roxy - butterfly kisses, tiny little kisses that you barely feel.
Buoy - my shadow (I'm never alone with him around)
Elsa - Sunshine girl will always be my forever angel, but to smart for her own britches! She talks and talks and asks me for something and I go tell her to ask Daddy, she goes and asks Dad so then I needle him into giving her what she wants. spoiled, but love it. At 12 1/2 she deserves it.
Sam - My aloof alpha male, he'll occasionally hunt me down for a chin rub or a cuddle once in a while, of course no one else can be around us then.
Lucy - The most obsessive with toys but the most lady like when accepting treats. Never touches your fingers. Miss Manners.
Bindi - Climbing up on the back of the couch behind me, mind you I think she thinks she is a little dog like Roxy and Buoy. Imagine a 43 pound poodle crawling on the back of the couch to be by you when she could have just as easily laid in my lap.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
OMG, Riley LOVES to wrestle!! He actually enjoys being "slapped" (not hard) in the face. It really get him going. He will growl and paw at me and we mock fight. He has Never left marks on me, and will complete Stop if i say so. He can be snarling one second and lick my face if i ask the next. I love playing with him too.
Desmond's the same way!! I smack at his face all the time, and he chases my hands with his mouth open, but never ever ever bites me. He doesn't even want my hands, if I let him have them, he stops and is like "What are you doing, get your hand out of my mouth". :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree, it is so hard to pick one favorite thing.
My favorite thing is cuddling with Simon and I know that is his favorite thing as well. At 60 pounds he loves to be a lapdog.. Wether we are sitting on the couch, recliner or laying in bed he can't get close enough to me and I just love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Same here. I love to cuddle with my two dogs.....on the couch, in the chair, or in bed while I am reading or perhaps with green eggs Sam I Am .....Oh, sorry, got carried away....:rofl: I love it when they throw their head back against my face and close their eyes while I stroke their shaved necks or play in their bracelets. Kisses on the noses and burying my face in their fur....can't beat it!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts