Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you realize don’t have a clue what the heck your doing? Yeah that was me yesterday practicing scissoring on Nova. I wanted to get some lenght off and shape her a bit. I ‘think ‘I’m going to have her put in a modern when everything opens back up and I can take a grooming class but until then I think I will just maintain. I took some areas off I should have left. Fortunately after working on a little today it’s not as bad as I thought yesterday but still not pretty.

Before I started.

The back hair was giving her arched looks so I flattened it out some I think.
I’m still working on it. Nova gets tired and tries to fall asleep while I’m scissoring so she getting another break.

Topknot is a mess but I just threw some bands in it to get it out of the way.

She is in full coat change which really sucks. Right after being washed, brushed, scissored I had to get after two knots. One in her ear and another on her shoulder. This morning I had to get another out of her ear and lower leg.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had planned on taking a class but it was canceled. I’m too nervous to start chopping off her topknot and neck hair without help. I even thought about putting her into a conti but because she is so skinny and not filled out I think it would look bad on her. The Rossets would hardly have a place to sit on her bum🤪.

I like scissoring ( I chopped a lot of my own hair off this week lol) but it doesn’t quite go as planned. I need to go watch more videos .

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I think you did a great job with the scissoring. I loved the photo of her mop head before you banded it. She’s gorgeous

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very good job! She’s gorgeous. I love all the grooming pics everyone’s sharing!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
She looks beautiful! I think you did a great job. Kudos to you for maintaining the length.
Coat change is no fun, Gracie’s coincided with her spaying at 13 months, which was just enough to put it over the edge. I wound up taking her down all over with a 4 blade, although I was able to save her ears and top knot.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Good job. This home grooming is challenging and you go to the head of the class.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Asta's Mom is right. It may have gone past choice but I think everyone who's trying their own grooming or even thinking about it, deserve an award.

Reactions: Mufar42
1 - 12 of 12 Posts