Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has turned very warm here, and when we went for a walk yesterday afternoon I said it was Too Hot, so Mum took us for a paddle in the shady river instead. Today she took us for a long walk early while it was nice and cool, and I found this lovely spot that smells wonderful, right down the bank where Mum can't see, and I rolled and rolled because if she couldn't see me she couldn't tell me not to, and it was fabulous! But when we got home Mum sniffed and said I stank and she has washed it all off! It took me ages to get really nice and smelly, and now it has all gone and my ears are wet and Mum is threatening to put me on my lead if I do it again!

Life and Mums are SO unfair...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well, that's really not fair, because usually their noses don't work at all and they can't smell any of the wonderful stuff, but the minute you roll in something suddenly they can. What's up with that?

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I think your mum needs a nose transplant. If she couldn’t recongnize all the subtle fragrances you found, it’s her problem not yours. My favorite perfume is wet sand, dead fish, with a hint of rotting seaweed, and a touch, a light kiss really, of rotting turtle egg. The combination of those ingredients creates a delicate fragrance suitable for all occasions. If my mom washed it off, I would be so upset I would bite! No, not bite, or even growl. I would register my protest with sighs and groans.

Sighing and groaning with you my friend,
Noelle

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I forgot all about it till now, because Mum did some gardening, and we pootled in the garden with her and I had a good shout at the Post Lady, and then we went to my favourite shop and I rootled under the shelves where the big dogs can't reach and found lots of treats (Mum won't let me rootle under the really cheap ones, though) and we had more treats at the check out, and then we went for a lovely long walk at the shore where there was a nice cool breeze, and then we came home for tea and it had chicken in it and chicken sprinkles on top, because Mum said we had been very good - well, mostly very good! So it was a lovely day once my ears were dry. But that sounds like a really good perfume, Noelle - we don't get turtles, but old seagull eggs might work. And you are absolutely right, Zephyr - Mum's are hopeless at smelling anything usually. My Mum doesn't usually notice till bedtime, when I cuddle under the duvet with her and she starts grumbling...

Poppy xx

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
We're so sorry Poppy. We know the routine though. We have so many good things to roll in and we're usually thwarted by our unfair mom...just like your mum. Unfair and a good sense of smell is simply not there. haha. We love all those things mentioned plus, we have dead crabs, lots of seagull and goose poo. Sometimes Mom is looking at something else and we get a good roll and even a bite of a dead crab down on the beach. That's when the party starts.:party: But that's also when the party ends.:washing: But she usually is watching for goose or seagull poo so yep...a lot of unfairness going around. Hope you have better luck next time Poppy. But it sounds like she made up for it when you got to find all those yummy treats and had a nice outing. :yin-yang:

·
Premium Member
9,483 Posts
Dear Poppy,

Your roll by the river sounds like heaven to me. I love the day when our grass gets cut. That makes for a sugary sweet roll. My female always ruins it with a loud, “NOOOOOOOO!” Yesterday, I found a spot where the male had cut a large branch and there were redolent wood chips around a bare spot underneath the tree. It was cool and smelled so nice. I tried to block out all of the female’s negativity. She needs to get her nose checked. The stuff she has in those glass bottles that she sprays on herself smells horrible!
Your pal,
Buck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts