Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to snuggle on Mum's lap but Pippin-cat is there and I have asked and asked but she won't push him off to make room for me - she just says there is plenty of room for both of us, so I have to squeeze in beside her instead of sprawling and IT'S NOT FAIR because when I lie down on Sophy's bed Sophy moans and Mum always asks me to move and I do, so I think I should get first dibs on her lap! I have tried licking Pip's face to make him get off, but he just turned his back on me. Life is very difficult sometimes...

[Poppy, my love, if the biggest problem in your life is not always getting first choice of sleeping spot, when there are dozens of equally comfy ones available, I don't think life is treating you too badly! FJM]

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Poppy I have had to learn to squeeze in on the coveted lap, maybe you could try too?
Love Lenny

Attachments

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squeezing is sort of all right, Leonard, but sprawling over all of it is better! I have got it All To Myself at the moment, as we have just got back from a walk and the cats are still outside somewhere.

Reactions: Dechi and twyla

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Poppy - there are no catz in our house. Seen them outside and they are only good to chase. Why would you have them in a house. I am the only dog so Mum's lap is always available and she sez I help her and sez "Good boy Asta" Sorry that you have to share a lap-not fair indeed.

Your friend - Asta

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cats can be nice to snuggle with when it is cold, Asta, and Mum says they were here first so we have to be polite to them. Tilly-cat is on Mum's lap with me now, using me as a pillow and licking me! It can be very hard being polite, sometimes...

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I can’t fit on my female’s lap. I’ve tried to when she sits on the lawn, but she says I’m crushing her. Your cats bring dead things inside, which I think is so fun. You can be gracious to them every so often. I wish we had some cats to sneak my opossums in the house. I haven’t managed on my own.

Your pal,

Buck

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear Poppy

I am an 'only child' and I would gladly share my Mom's lap if I had a kitty that shared his mice and stuff with me..........you are luckier than you know girl!

Love Ya,
MOLLY

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Dear Poppy,

The trick with cats on your comfy spots is to lie ON TOP of them. Then you can sprawl out while you wait for them to move. My cat moves fast if I lie on her.

Except if it's my humans dad's cat. Then you should just cower on the other side of the room or you might get claws in your nose. Even if you didn't see her because she is black and it was dark. If it's that cat you should just hide and whine at your human to rescue you when you need to get to the water dish.

-Annie xoxo

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our cats have very prickly claws, Annie, but they don't hit us with them, they just sort of stretch until they prickle just a bit and then stretch a little bit more, and eventually it prickles so much we get up and move away. Or at least I do - Sophy just tells them No! before they get close enough to prickle. And Pippin-cat does that lying-on-top-and-getting-heavier-and-heavier thing - he squashes me! But mostly they are OK - it's just I love being able to spread out on Mum's lap when she has her feet up, and have her rub my tummy and tell me I am good, and snooze and dream about supper and lovely walks, and be all comfy and happy, and having to share with cats - or even Sophy - spoils it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts