Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still holding out for the dream that some day my two little poops (yes, I do call them poopies... they love it) can eat the same food. We have the big boys on the same food and they're both just fine... but as of right now, TQ and the poodle are on two separate foods.

I'm wanting to try and switch them to the same because a) it will be cheaper, and b) it will be easier! (Imagine having to explain to someone that TQ ONLY eats the blue buffalo and can't have any of the poodle's food, and that the poodle man can ONLY have his food and not even a kibble of hers or he will get nasty sick for half a week.)

I recently received a few sample packs of Taste of the Wild: High Prairie Formula from my parents to see if the poodle's tummy could handle the food... however, I wanted to hear from those of you with sensitive tummy dogs to see if you had tried this food with your pups and how they did on it.

Switching his food is the least of my worries right now (he still REALLY NEEDS a hair cut) but I want to know before I give him something that will make his tummy upset. We had an overly dramatic week with rude people, but thankfully we're past that... so now we're on to haircuts and tummy fillers!

OH... but tell me why my little guy can't handle new foods, but he sure can handle new treats and poor quality treats! There's something wrong with that! lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
All of my dogs are on it. My spoo can be a little sensitive. I've put rescues on it with no problems and even started a litter of puppies I was bottle feeding on it. No upset tums. I don't know about other peoples opinions, but I like it the best for what we have available around here. Canine Caviar, Wellness, Variety...I've seen the least tummy problems with TOW. I've started recommending it to my clients over CC that the boutique next door pushes.

Warning, the fish variety really smells bad. I'd stick to the Prairie or Wetlands. Mine all prefer Prairie.

Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
All of mine are now on TOW Prairie blend. Coming off of Blue Buffalo.

Suri has stomach problems - we believe she has IBS or IBD both take some time to really diagnose so we are going though that entire process now. Here has been my take on TOW:

If it is just a sensitive stomach TOW PB is probably a great route to go. I really have no issues with it accept I can tell my dogs really don't care for it :( We have to add gravy or rice or anything to liven the food up.

Suri has had no change in regards to the runny poops and the stomach sickness she gets about ever 10 days. But her bouts are not worse either...

One thing I have noticed since going on TOW which I know is NO GRAIN - but Suri and Olie have both had increased eye gunk. Olie has some of this anyway, Suri never did until TOW. (thats not a deal breaker if a pup has a bad belly IMO)

But I must admit, I am really considering going back to BB, ONLY because the change was intended more for Suri, not all my dogs and there has been little to no improvement with the stomach episodes in Suri.

I feel for you on the stomach issues, they are no picnic for anyone! I hope this helps some:)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mandy does great on the fish one but her breath smells I am in the middle of looking for a different variety without any chicken in it. As I type I am looking up their website

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies!

TQ is currently eating Blue Buffalo, and has for quite some time. She isn't a picky eater. We tried the poodle on it, but the kibble is a bit too big, and he refuses to eat the little dark bits that are mixed in. Waste of food. He is currently on royal canin for sensitive tummys, but like I said, it is a pain in the butt to scoop them out different foods.

I guess I will give him a little mixed in with his dinner tonight and we'll start from there. If this works, getting food will be EASY since more places here (non pet places) carry it than blue buffalo! Yay for feed stores!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
All of mine are now on TOW Prairie blend. Coming off of Blue Buffalo.

Suri has stomach problems - we believe she has IBS or IBD both take some time to really diagnose so we are going though that entire process now. Here has been my take on TOW:

If it is just a sensitive stomach TOW PB is probably a great route to go. I really have no issues with it accept I can tell my dogs really don't care for it :( We have to add gravy or rice or anything to liven the food up.

Suri has had no change in regards to the runny poops and the stomach sickness she gets about ever 10 days. But her bouts are not worse either...

One thing I have noticed since going on TOW which I know is NO GRAIN - but Suri and Olie have both had increased eye gunk. Olie has some of this anyway, Suri never did until TOW. (thats not a deal breaker if a pup has a bad belly IMO)

But I must admit, I am really considering going back to BB, ONLY because the change was intended more for Suri, not all my dogs and there has been little to no improvement with the stomach episodes in Suri.

I feel for you on the stomach issues, they are no picnic for anyone! I hope this helps some:)
We went to the modified raw BARF diet .. I have a dog that is doing great on this .. She had issues with almost every dog food.. Now she is fine ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts