Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my puppy next week (yipeeeee!!!). He is a Kleinpudel (large mini - will probably end up 16-18"). He will not be in show coat, but I might want to play with longer hair once in a while. I have been making my puppy order list for PetEdge and have narrowed it down to two dryers:

The K9-1 (I think the K9 Mini would be too small?):
http://www.petedge.com/K-9-I-Blower-Dryer-ZT867.pro

Or the ChallengAir Airmax 2-speed:
http://www.petedge.com/Double-K-ChallengAir-Airmax-2-Speed-Dryer-DK22001.pro

So... do you these dryers are decent enough for the long haul? I don't want to be replacing a dryer in a couple years and I might get another poodle someday.

Also - do you see a big advantage for one over the other? The K9-1 is $65 more than the ChallengAir, but over the lifetime of the dog, $65 is really not much.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I am getting my puppy next week (yipeeeee!!!). He is a Kleinpudel (large mini - will probably end up 16-18"). He will not be in show coat, but I might want to play with longer hair once in a while. I have been making my puppy order list for PetEdge and have narrowed it down to two dryers:

The K9-1 (I think the K9 Mini would be too small?):
http://www.petedge.com/K-9-I-Blower-Dryer-ZT867.pro

Or the ChallengAir Airmax 2-speed:
http://www.petedge.com/Double-K-ChallengAir-Airmax-2-Speed-Dryer-DK22001.pro

So... do you these dryers are decent enough for the long haul? I don't want to be replacing a dryer in a couple years and I might get another poodle someday.

Also - do you see a big advantage for one over the other? The K9-1 is $65 more than the ChallengAir, but over the lifetime of the dog, $65 is really not much.
I say go with the Challenge air. It has more CFMs then the K-9 and Ive heard there is a good warranty on the hoses from the challenge air.

My metro dryer hose is already coming apart from the dryer. Ive had it less then a year now and mostly just dry my own Poodles. I dont groom other Poodles anymore (fyi).

For me the warranty on the hose is a big deal. Let me know what you hear about the warranty. Im in the market for another dryer. I was thinking the smaller edemco, but financially, I may go with something similar to what your considering.

Oh, do you have pics of the new addition yet? Congrats!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ok, I just read that the Challenge air has a two year waranty and the K-9 only a 1 yr on the motor and 90 days on parts. The Double K Challenge air has more force, better price and better warranty.....Go with the Double K Challenge Air Dryer in my opinion!! I hear lots of great comments about the double K dryers from groomers.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

The little guy (probably named "Vinnie") will be coming on 5/11 (a week from Monday).

These pics are from his breeder's website - I'll get some good shots as soon as he is here. He will be silver - in the photos he is eight weeks - he will be 10 weeks tomorrow.

·
Registered
843 Posts
He is totally adorable.
I am not so sure about him being silver...my guess would be leaning towards blue.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is totally adorable.
I am not so sure about him being silver...my guess would be leaning towards blue.
These pics are a couple weeks old, so I am keeping my fingers crossed! She was thinking he would not be light silver - more of a dark grey/silver. There are eleven in the litter and there are several that are a lot darker, so we'll see. Either way, as long as he's healthy and happy!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today was supposed to be the day, but he is now coming tomorrow. I can't wait. I have today off from work and am getting everything ready. He doesn't come in until tomorrow late afternoon (I have to drive to Chicago to meet his flight) and then I work Wednesday with agility work outs Wednesday night. So... hopefully, I'll get some photos on Wednesday night - I usually take photos of one of the classes, so will have my camera ready!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congratulation on your puppy! With regards to your dryer questions, I would not recommend a force dryer rather a stand dryer as that is what most people use when grooming poodles.

·
Registered
912 Posts
What sort of dryer did you end up with?

I have the Double K Airmax and I love it. I think for pet poodles a force dryer works OK. If I am in a hurry I use both motors and just get T dried as quickly as possible - finish isn't great but he is dry. I have a third arm so if I want to really fluff and finish him properly for scissoring or clipping I just use the one motor, the third arm trained where I am drying, cover the rest of him with a towel and brush while I go.

Perhaps I don't end up with the really plush finish a stand dryer would achieve but it's pretty good for a pet trim I think :smile:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up with the Double K 2000 A.D. I have not had a chance to use it yet - just checked to make sure it works and that's it. I am hoping to do a little light grooming on Vinnie this week - just a bath and clean f/f/t. I was thinking of ordering one of the third arms too - we'll see how we do at first before I order anything else!! I just ordered a Mini Arco yesterday :biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts