Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spoo Belle began having diahrea yesterday morning. I gave her some pumpkin thinking that would help. Then this morning she vomited yellowish foam. And she refused to eat. She did drink some water this morning but has refused any food. She seems very unsettled and acts like she wants to vomit but doesn’t. I’m worried and hoping this will pass. When should I take her to the vet?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I let her out in the yard she just sits in the direct sun. Way to hot this time of year so she begins to pant and I bring her in right away. Sorry for the multiple posts I’m just worried

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Yellow bile is often a 'hunger puke'.

If it was Tonka, I'd do my best to tempt him with something bland. Cottage cheese, pablum, rice... something like that.

ETA: If that doesn't work within half an hour, start thinking about a vet. 'Cos her symptoms are classic symptoms of bloat.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thought countryboy.
I just gave her some cottage cheese and she ate it. I’m so glad and relieved. Let’s see if she can keep it down.
Thanks so much

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She’s acting like she wants to vomit again.
I don’t understand why bloat?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She isn’t bloated and her breathing seems normal and she’s not pacing and seems to have settled down a bit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She seems to have settled down for now. Just laying in the hall almost sleeping. Maybe the cottage cheese is helping. I will keep a close watch tonight. She has an appointment with the vet tomorrow at 2:30.
This came up so quickly, geez

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Despite a lot of theories, as far as I know there is no 'why' to bloat.

Good to the snack... an excellent sign.

And even more than that, the lying down. It's almost impossible for a bloating dog to get comfortable on their side.

In my experience, a date tomorrow with the vet is perfect. It will be diagnosed thru palpitations and confirmed thru an X-ray.

I've saved all my X-rays of Tonka. lol

Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
In my experience, a date tomorrow with the vet is perfect. It will be diagnosed thru palpitations and confirmed thru an X-ray.
Are you talking about bloat, Countryboy? Bloat is an urgent emergency that could not wait a day for a vet appointment! Once there is torsion there is little chance of survival. Signs include restlessness, shaking, barely moving, trying to vomit. Do NOT wait it out if you suspect bloat!

Now, assuming your baby is okay jcris, I would put her on a chicken or hamburger and rice diet or get some cans of Royal Canin Gastrointestinal High Energy food from the vet. Maizie just had yet another round of gastritis and I was able to treat her at home just with the canned food.

Hope all will be okay!

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
Are you talking about bloat, Countryboy? Bloat is an urgent emergency that could not wait a day for a vet appointment! Once there is torsion there is little chance of survival. Signs include restlessness, shaking, barely moving, trying to vomit. Do NOT wait it out if you suspect bloat!

Nonsense... I've been thru it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
All I care about is how Belle is doing right now. I'm extremely busy and shouldn't even be on this forum, but in supporting a friend on another post, I noticed this one and couldn't let it go (and people can't private message jcris). jcris, update please!

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had a Standard Poodle, Mally, who had very similar symptoms. She ended up with stomach torsion that required immediate surgery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts