Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And happy us for being poodle owners for almost a whole year, just three more days and it'll be a year... kinda, I guess you could argue we weren't her owners until Halloween... but thats another post haha stay tuned.

Anyway Jasmine is a whole year older. We celebrated with a trip to the vet (lol, she's wasnt as thrilled about that for some reason??) to get weighed. She's waaaayyy lighter than I thought she would be, she needs to eat more since she isn't keeping weight on with the new food.
Anyway after the vet we went to the park and let her chase ducks. She lost interest in the ducks almost right away though because there was a family there feeding old bread to the birds and they weren't as hungry so there was a lot of leftovers on the ground and in the water. Jazz though that was GREAT! Until we moved to another, bread free, area of the park lol.

I wrapped up a big gross knuckel bone thing for her and let her open it. I'm kicking myself for not getting pictures of the opening of the present, it was really funny.

I do have pictures of her out in the backyard enjoying her birthday gift :) *gags* nasty but whatever, she likes it I guess. Normaly I don't give my guys anything like that but special occasions call for special treats I suppose.

As for how old Jazz is well thats the big question. We don't know exactly b/c she came from a totaly awsome BYB who apparently had some reccord keeping issues to say the least. Jazz either turned 3 or 4 this year. I think I've figured out that she's turned 4. Amazing enough the orgional paperwork from her breeder managed to follow her from home to home and not get lost or thrown away so I have eveything including all the vet reccords up until the her last set of shots by her last home. The bill of sale is dated Feb 06, and then lower down Feb 07, her date of birth on that paper and her puppy contract with her origonal owner says she was born 10-24-06. Her indivual registration also managed to not get lost in any of her two previous homes, though it had never been filled out and sent off - it has now :) has a different DOB. The date of birth on that paperwork though says she was born in 2005... *shrugs* must have been a really great breeder.

No matter, she's in her forever home now and we're happy (and lucky) to have her.

2009_1024jazzbday0005.jpg

2009_1024jazzbday0001.jpg

2009_1024jazzbday0017.jpg

2009_1024jazzbday0022.jpg

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
:birthday: !! kinda :) wow the DOB thing must be a little frustrating!! I would have a hard time not knowing how old my dog is... then again, I guess you have a general idea so that's good! And you're right, the most important thing is that now she's in her forever home and everyone's happy!! :happy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks like she had an AWESOME dog birthday. Nothing better than chewing on a big hunk-o-meat! Would a dog choose anything else to do in celebration? Probably not. I love how you have her tail.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love how you have her tail.
rofl, what the big poof thats been growing for longer than I'd care to admit, hehe I've just been lazy and haven't gotten around to trimming it.

We are planning to have a big party for her next week to celebrate her being safe and sound and in our home for a year. Hey any reason a good reason for a party right? She won't get another bone, but maybe cake and ice cream will magicly appear :)

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:birthday: !! kinda :) wow the DOB thing must be a little frustrating!! I would have a hard time not knowing how old my dog is... then again, I guess you have a general idea so that's good! And you're right, the most important thing is that now she's in her forever home and everyone's happy!! :happy:
My only explination is that somebody had a brain fart and when filling out the contract put the year it WAS rather than the year she was born on the paperwork. I can't come up with a reason for the one 07 date on the paper at all so I ignored it in my thinking lol. Since Jazz was born in October she could not have been sold in Feb of the same year, so I think the 05 year of birth is correct and she was sold Feb 06 and the breeder quickly filled in the needed dates but wasn't thinking and put current year. Like I said though, weird with the one 07 date under one of the signatures, that I can't understand unless somebody went back and put it after the fact to try and make the paperwork make sense.
I guess the other option is that somebody is really really extra dishonest and was doctoring the dates and/or giving the wrong reg. papers to a dog.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Aww, happy birthday Jazz!!!
And many more to come!:dancing:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Happy Birthday Jazz!!!!

I'm not sure how old Bailey is either. I was told a year, by the vet when he was neutered. I wonder sometimes, though. If the vet was right, he's around 11.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts