Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the last class for Saleen's puppy class. Of course she is the prettiest puppy in class and came in today dressed to the nines according to the instructor. She was outfitted in her pink collar, with her pink gentle leader with pink big dog princess leash, and pink toenails. She had a nice bath and bush out yesterday so she looked all cute and fluffy. She then proceeded to jump right into the puppy pool in the yard during outdoor playtime and shove her entire head underwater.... bye bye pretty fluffy poodle LoL.... Oh well :) She passed her AKC STARR puppy test with fling colors and excelled at a dog tick-tac-toe game. Our team won, Whoooo! Then she ran a little puppy agility course with a tire and two "jumps" and the A frame, tunnel, and then the pause table. She REALLY enjoyed that part :)

She of course accepted her graduation certificate from the trainer complete with blue ribbon and was very polite in insisting which toy she would be taking home from the toybox that all the puppies got to choose from.

She also made a new friend. A little mini aussie that she has so far ignored in class was her best buddy at playtime. She pretty much ignored her doberman friend... Guess Foster the Aussie was handsom LoL. They rolled and play and splashed in the pool and got EVERYONE standing around wet. Nice.

She's already enrolled and three weeks in with the basic obedience class I teach, Hubby is hating it but he's taking her anyway. LoL. At the end of the month another class starts at the same place we took puppy class. It'll be intermediate obedience. I might try and take her through part of the beginer agility class too we'll see.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
(sigh with envy) I wish I had the time to do all that with mine right now....but with the twins, time is very little for other things like that, playing fetch in the back yard and walks are great, but that is about it for now. Someday....... (dreamy eyes)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Congrats to both you and to Saleen. Now time for bigger doggie stuff. I know that you will do well with whatever you do with Saleen. Funny how she jumped in the puppy pool and ruined her pretty poodle fluff. I think it is real cute how they were able to pick their favorite toy from the puppy toy box. What toy did Saleen choose?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saleen picked out a yellow sun squeeky toy that is just the right sixe to be to big for the tibbies so it'll pretty much be all hers if she can keep Jazz from stealing it LoL.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congratulations to you both! Sounds like you and Saleen are really having lots of fun at your classes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yay saleen! I hope you get into agility with her.. even just a little. i want to see pictures of her flying over jumps :D

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh we're sure to continue having fun ;) I signed her up for another basic class to kind of supplement the class I teach that hubby is (trying) to take saleen through. Bless his heart, he got up early and attended every single puppy class and did a fair amount of the work in the classes but he's really had about all the dog training he can take. He's going through this class and pretty much standing around doing a couple of sits and down and being bored. Sooo I am taking her to a class without him with a new trainer here in town just to keep her at it until the intermediet class starts at the place we were going. I think, since they have an air conditioned indoor training facility I will stick with them for most of the summer LoL, it's really hot and wicket humid her in FLA this time of year. I think the new outdoor class on Monday might be difficult with me being such an indoor type of girl lol.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
its so nice you hav those classes there - I don't think we have them here - if we do I probably wouldnt be able to afford lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts