Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I bought this but he isn’t a fan of the hard blocks. I must say I am a bit nervous that he might break a tooth. He prefers bully sticks or ears. But if I nuke it, he will eat it. Can I nuke a big chunk of it?

Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I bought it once but also thought someone may break a tooth, and they didn't seem too interested in it either, like it was a rock or similar. I never gave it again, but I have read you can nuke it to make it expand and get a fluffier texture with air holes and that it's easier to chew then. Never tried it myself. Mine also prefer bully sticks.

Reactions: asuk

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I don't microwave Renns , he loves it. When it gets small I take it away. But he also only gets it a night when we are watching tv. Our boxer loves it to and will just knaw on it. When his gets small my daughter wets it then microwaves it. It gets all puffed up. After it cools throughly she gives it to him and he eats it. Does'/t take so long when its puffed.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Beckie loves them !

I always have one lying around. When it gets too small, I microwave it, let it cool and give it to her. The smell isn’t nice but she loves it and it has a different texture than the regular one, so even better.

·
Premium Member
23,194 Posts
Our dogs like them very well and yes when the pieces get too small we nuke them to make yak cheese puffs.

Reactions: asuk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I nuke a large piece, yeah didn’t work so well, I will saw them in smaller piece and then nuke them. He loves the cheese puffs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts