Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, dear! Yesterday I clipped Zoe - 40 blade on FFT and a 7 on the body. She has about an inch of hair on bracelets, head, and tail. Today it is snowing like crazy! I put a light coat on her for in the house. Guess I'll put her snowsuit coat on her if I let her out to play in the snow. Bad timing on my part!

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Oops, bad timing

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
It will grow, keep her coat on until then.

No more short clips here for my two until at least the end of April. Shaved face is a must for hygiene, but the rest will be kept long.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It will be just fine, the coat will be great. Their wool doesn't really do that much for warmth when it's really cold anyway--wind goes right thru it, and if it gets snow on it takes longer to dry.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hope she’s comfortable. Love to see pics of her in that clip!

In the cold and snow I think it’s a balance between keeping them warm and dealing with snow caked in the curls.

Reactions: Charlie's Person

·
Registered
450 Posts
It will grow, keep her coat on until then.

No more short clips here for my two until at least the end of April. Shaved face is a must for hygiene, but the rest will be kept long.
Our boy looks like a black bear with his long winter coat! He is nearly 30 inches at the shoulder, and we sure get second looks from people around Revelstoke, British Columbia because this is black bear country and they stroll through town on a regular basis.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts