Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the drama - As The Poodle misbehaves or The Daze of our Poodles - we've decided to keep Wrigley and my DH is the one who made that decision.
He was the one who told me we were overwhelmed (and I finally ended up agreeing) and he was the one who decided that Wrigley was the right one to place as he was so much for us to handle. I got Wrigley all groomed and ready and had gotten the name from my obedience teacher (her daughter) and we were due to meet to discuss Wrigley. My DH and Wrigley were out in the yard playing and playing and he came inside and said he couldn't let Wriggs go. He said he would make more time to help me with Wrigley and his energy levels (and since then has started taking Wrigley on his early morning jogging trips. The funny part is - my DH didn't know that Wrigley could "run that far" as he put it. LOL!!!) I hadn't suggested the run earlier because my husband wasn't helping me much and so I thought he would say no.
Since my DH made this decision he has been helping me daily before and after work and I find him playing with Wriggs all the time.
So - Wriggs is still Wrigley (when I bathed Sophie, he ate all the donuts in the back of the cabinet on my counter top and managed to eat Sophie's collar end off so that it won't clasp...*sigh*) but the good news is that I have family help now.
Thanks to those who PM'd me with suggestions and help.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's wonderful that he's going to start helping! It's going to take a ton of pressure off of you and really decrease the stress level of the whole family. Keep us updated on how things are going!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes I am so happy for you to keep the spoo family you so wanted. Yes as I said it will be tough for a couple more months but you have summer on your side so lots of walks and hikes. I find these guys are fine even after a 20 min run outside they can settle down with a bone.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've just caught up on what's been going on with you and your family. I'm really happy that your DH has decided to keep Wrigley and exercise him regularly. I'm sure those daily runs will make a huge difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts