Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wanted to tell you all about our new addition! Wrigley is our new black standard puppy. He is 10 weeks old and so fun. I'm thrilled to have him as a part of our family. I can't remember how to put in thumbnails - can anyone remind me?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I upload mine to Photobucket and just add the img link or to add more then 4 pictures add the direct link.

I'm not sure how to do the attachment thing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay - somehow I figured out how to get him as my Avatar. Now I'm back to figuring out thumbnails or photobucket.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
go to manage your attachments, browse and upload then send reply - not quick reply - want to see him better!! lol

·
Registered
305 Posts
Open an advanced reply, go down to where it says "manage attatchments", and upload from your computer.

Yes we want to see him!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Now I'll have all kinds of questions for everyone. I need to buy a grooming clipper and I'm looking at the Andis 2 speed (his breeder/groomer recommended that one).
We are also working on potty training. He will always go for me outside and he is good about letting me know he has to go poo outside but so far, he hasn't quite seemed to figure out telling me he has to go potty outside. So for now - I'm taking him out often, keeping him in a small space unless he is with me and when he is with me- I wrap a diaper around his middle for oops moments.
Yesterday I taught him to sit. I'm so proud of him. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
He is adorable! He looks so fluffy and cuddly. I love the name. I have a friend who is a pilot for Wrigley. I have to show her his picture.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I would invest in a crate to help him transition and with the housing training. ;)

I have an Andis one speed and have used a 2 speed and I much prefer the one speed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have a crate that I use when we go to bed and when we need to leave the house. Then I have a play pen/gated area for when I'm home but can't be with him.
If I was looking up the Andis one speed you mentioned - would I just type in "Andis one speed" or would it have a specific name?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I do have a crate that I use when we go to bed and when we need to leave the house. Then I have a play pen/gated area for when I'm home but can't be with him.
If I was looking up the Andis one speed you mentioned - would I just type in "Andis one speed" or would it have a specific name?
Thanks!

The actual name of mine are the Andis Pro Pet. I bought them from Petco for about $80.00 I believe. You can probably find them on ebay for less. I just love ebay! lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
He is so cute and fantastic name :smile:

I have the Wahl KM one speed and find cause I am so slow and careful that it works well. I couldn't imagine ever using a second speed although I suppose once I get more practice and experience I might need it.

I also recently bought the Moser Arco (little cordless clipper) for face, feet and tail and I am absolutely in love with it. Once again cause I am slow :doh: and the pup is wriggly the Wahl heats up before I have even finished two feet, so then I am swapping out blades for cooler ones and generally standing around waiting. And you can guarantee as soon as the blades have got hot the pup will settle down and you think great now I can really get stuck in but you have hot blades! Well this is not a problem with the Mosers they do not heat up and you can stand there waiting for the pup to settle down with the clippers running and once you see an opening duck in and start clipping :laugh:

I really enjoy doing T's grooming although we have had some disasters but he loves the time we spend togther without the big dog and I have great satisfaction in knowing I have clipped him myself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
He is so cute and fantastic name :smile:

I have the Wahl KM one speed and find cause I am so slow and careful that it works well. I couldn't imagine ever using a second speed although I suppose once I get more practice and experience I might need it.

I also recently bought the Moser Arco (little cordless clipper) for face, feet and tail and I am absolutely in love with it. Once again cause I am slow :doh: and the pup is wriggly the Wahl heats up before I have even finished two feet, so then I am swapping out blades for cooler ones and generally standing around waiting. And you can guarantee as soon as the blades have got hot the pup will settle down and you think great now I can really get stuck in but you have hot blades! Well this is not a problem with the Mosers they do not heat up and you can stand there waiting for the pup to settle down with the clippers running and once you see an opening duck in and start clipping :laugh:

I really enjoy doing T's grooming although we have had some disasters but he loves the time we spend togther without the big dog and I have great satisfaction in knowing I have clipped him myself.
Thanks for this information. You're right the blades heat up before you are even done with two paws. I will have to look into these....Thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts