Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so pleased with my new groomer, recommended by my vet. Actually am excited to know that someone here was familiar with poodles. Asta was a hot mess before his groom and I got back a skinny boy in a retriever cut - dreadlocks cut even, smells wonderful after his bath. Hated the force dryer so she toweled him, which is fine by me. Asta had never seen a force dryer so I am not surprised that he thought it was evil.
Never again will I try to groom him myself - just the maintenance of tail, ears, sanitary & toes. Happy happy happy!

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,719 Posts
That's great news! Kudos to your vet! I can empathize with the pain of grooming - it's such a relief to find a talented groomer who your dog enjoys seeing.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
482 Posts
I am so pleased with my new groomer, recommended by my vet. Actually am excited to know that someone here was familiar with poodles. Asta was a hot mess before his groom and I got back a skinny boy in a retriever cut - dreadlocks cut even, smells wonderful after his bath. Hated the force dryer so she toweled him, which is fine by me. Asta had never seen a force dryer so I am not surprised that he thought it was evil.
Never again will I try to groom him myself - just the maintenance of tail, ears, sanitary & toes. Happy happy happy!
Congrats on your new groomer. Glad you found a winner!

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
congratulations on finding a gem.

Reactions: Asta's Mom

·
Registered
143 Posts
Having a good groomer who truly likes your dog is so important! I'm so glad you found one! Around here, many of them are still not taking new clients or are booked three to four weeks out.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish I could do a picture - but my old, very old Canon bit the dust and I haven't replaced it yet. Such a handsome boy - I would love to show him off.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
482 Posts
Wish I could do a picture - but my old, very old Canon bit the dust and I haven't replaced it yet. Such a handsome boy - I would love to show him off.
Well that's too bad @Asta's Mom. If you don't have one already, it may be time to step up to a cell phone. You won't regret it. I never (thought I) wanted one, but in late 2016, after missing a call regarding the death of a loved one, I finally decided to get one. It opened up so many new doors and opportunities. Today I can't imagine myself without it. I use an off brand service provider, Republic Wireless, and it costs me $20/month plus tax (~$22.50 total). The cameras in these phones these days are phenomenal! And since you can take it with you anywhere, you'll get tons of photos you'd have never even thought of getting in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts