Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I used the Metro Vacuum AFTD-3 Air Force Commander 4.0 for the first time on Jasper. Without thinking I set the hose down while the dryer was still on and it came to life. Around the table in the basement looks like a hurricane hit LOL.

The dryer worked great on Jas even though the air stayed fairly cold the entire time. It's loud and intense, even on low, so I probably wouldn't use it on my toy. It's more powerful than the small/medium wet/dry vacs that I've used and of course it is off the charts compared to a regular hair dryer.

Now for a grooming table and raised tub solution...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
woohoo! well done on getting a FORCE dryer! It makes SUCH a difference!!! I use my force dryers on (tiny) toys without a problem, just turn it down and/or remove the concentrator nozzle. It's loud, but still awwwwwwwwwesome! lol. And yes, I call that the 'fire hose' effect if you drop it when it's still running... hahaha!

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can definitely use it on ALL sizes of dogs even the littlest ones! Just take off the nozzle that concentrates the air and blow only from the hose for the little ones.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely makes a huge difference in drying. While L-O-U-D it was so much better than my hairdryer. My Toy is having a bad knee week so I'm not sure I'll try it on him just yet.

I really need a grooming table now. Both Jas and Nat tend to hate their legs brushed so sit down. Nothing like wrestling the dog while trying to hold a dryer and brush LOL.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I really need a grooming table now. Both Jas and Nat tend to hate their legs brushed so sit down. Nothing like wrestling the dog while trying to hold a dryer and brush LOL.

You can teach them to lay down for legs, belly, etc or you can install a big screw eye into a thick board (or the wall) and hook their leash to that to keep them in place OR run the leash under their belly and attach that to the screw eye on both ends (kind of like a belly strap) BUT, yes, a grooming table and arm would definitely help :)

I'm not a huge fan of the Metro dryers simply because of the level of noise they produce, but I recently acquired the Top Gun stand dryer (used at an incredible price) and that really helps with fluff drying. I have the Chris Christiansen Kool dry variable speed force dryer and LOOOOOOOOOOVE it and have always felt I could get a good fluff dry simply using that, but since getting this stand dryer, I've learned different. Just a few minutes after getting my dog 95% dry and using that to stretch that coat out, really makes a huge difference.

Congrats on your new "TOY" hehe Wishing you many happy hours of FORCE drying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts