Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754484

I have a much better one I use in the salon but I'd like something at home so I don't always have to bring the dogs in for a bath, especially with all the mud I have in my yard it sure would be handy.

The standard poodle i would most likely try to always do in the salon but I also have a german shepherd and I know this would be perfect for her.

Would it be fine for a few of the "in between" baths at home w/ the Standard?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

I have a much better one I use in the salon but I'd like something at home so I don't always have to bring the dogs in for a bath, especially with all the mud I have in my yard it sure would be handy.

The standard poodle i would most likely try to always do in the salon but I also have a german shepherd and I know this would be perfect for her.

Yes, as long as its the larger motored one. I made the mistake of getting the Metro Forced Air Quick Dryer...not enough forced air for a adult standard. It looks like the larger model would be good for between baths.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am not sure about this brand, I have a Double K Airmax Force Dryer and it is fantastic for both the poodle and the GSD. I am always in awe at the amount of fur that comes out of the shepherd with the dryer even before I start furminating. Love it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I didn't have money for the dryer I wanted as I saw the little one and tried and thought wow my blow dryer has more air.
Sooooooooo I went and bought a small shop vac with a blower on it and for 29 bucks dry my dogs with that.
Home depot had a namebrand oneon for 20 one time so grabbed it for an extra and it doesn't blow as good as my store brand one does. I have used it a year now without issues and still going strong on my 2 spoos. I want a dryer eventually just no money right now

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I like this dryer. I use it in the salon pretty often. Obviously with a standard the bigger the better in most cases but this one will work fine and won't take you hours to dry with.

The clinic I worked at before had the quick draw one, you're right Jen it isn't powerful enough.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mandy Casey's mom - I have no money either so I am wondering about this shop vac thing. Would any shop vac work or do you need to look for one that does a certain feature in order for it to work? This could really come in handy until I come into a little moolah! :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Mandy Casey's mom - I have no money either so I am wondering about this shop vac thing. Would any shop vac work or do you need to look for one that does a certain feature in order for it to work? This could really come in handy until I come into a little moolah! :)
I am in the same boat as you too , I want a cheap dryer that will do good my budget is like 100-170 ? ......

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well you need a shop vac that has a blower. I got mine at Canadian tire for 25 bucks but as said the name brand didn't blow as well. You just need a little one since you can't use it for anything else or you will blow junk back out at them.
My family knows it s for blowing dogs only and sits on my table.
That thing in the pic with mandy in pics before and after.

I wish I had 100 bucks right now LOL

·
Registered
419 Posts

I have the large (4 HP) version of that dryer and I really like it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have this dryer and I love it. I was looking for something portable and small since I live in a motorhome and it works great on my toy poodle, irish terrier, and retriever

1 - 10 of 10 Posts