Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally given Poppy a quick utility clip - she has been feeling rather better, but is not up to the usual couple of hours bathing, drying, scissoring and primping. This groom took barely 25 minutes from starting to brush her out to putting her collar back on, and even then she was getting dithery. She looks peculiar - I did her face and tail with a 10 blade, with a couple of swipes over each paw, then did body and legs with a 1/2 inch comb before running a 3/4 inch comb over her topknot - first time ever not scissoring it. The fluff on her chest now looks longer than on her head, her legs are all different shapes and her paws are covered in straggles, but she can see where she is going. I usually reckon my grooming is neat but not gaudy - this is not even neat, but it is done and she is comfier, which was the objective. And no, I am not going to post photos!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Comfort and low stress was the goal and you accomplished both.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have left the table up and the equipment out for a five minute tidy up later on. A few judicious snips should make all the difference, but she was getting tired and had had enough. She is bright and bouncy, and managed a very short walk this morning, but is still far from well.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
It tough to balance all the needs, I normally shave feet but Bea now have neatly trimmed bear paws. Grooming to keep tidy has to be enough.
All that matter is Poppy feels better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts