Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annie here. My human stayed home today and tried to do this thing called "working from home". Apparently she had a bunch of deadlines and wanted to focus?

It was SUPER FUN. I got paper to destroy, and played ball, and got put in my crate with a chicken wing, and got a chewy, and ate a pen, and stole socks and gloves and ..... I hope she stays home to focus on me again!!!

20200226_174208.jpg

It was a super busy day and now I need a nap!

(Got a new phone that actually takes photos of black dogs. It's a miracle! And yeah. NOT trying working from home again anytime soon)

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Annie you are so funny! I used to shred paper for my mom too, but she never seemed as happy as I was about it. It was so much fun and thought she’d really like joining in. Sigh. But one time I got to play with a brand new roll of toilet paper, tore each piece off one by one, and scattered it all through the dining room and living room, and mom thought it was art! She took pictures of it and laughed... she was so full of joy! Now I can’t reach the new rolls... wonder why?

Your friend, Zekefur

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Oh my goodness. :eek:;)

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I am reminded of the time the lovely trainer at Sophy's puppy class suggested a lovely new game - fill a box with paper, cardboard tubes etc, add a couple of treats, and let the puppy dig for them. The following week I took her to one side and described Sophy's newly learned game of emptying out every waste paper basket in the house... The game was quietly dropped from the curriculum!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FJM, however did you guess we were playing the "find the treat in a bunch of paper" game? :D Luckily, Annie's learned not to take stuff out of the recycle bins, as they are clattery/scary. Which is good, since I don't have anywhere to keep them other than the floor! But any paper I leave on the floor is fair game.

Zekefur - It's really too bad that your human isn't more appreciative of your art endeavours, we humans are very strange that way. Annie's only gotten to play the toilet paper game once. The look of sheer delight on her face as she caught the edge and began to pull and discovered it kept going... Unfortunately for her I was there at the time, and we then went through several months of TP on a Shelf while she forgot about that particular innovation.

Annie would like you all to know that I am foolish human - I bought a rug for the living room to muffle the sound of her pouncing/playing with her ball, and taught her that was the play area, then proceeded to put a desk next to it. The bedroom is for quiet snuggles, the rug is for playing- obviously if my chair is on the rug, that means I want to play with a poodle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts