Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure how far down to take the neck band, i've never done anything like this before so if someone could help let me know if it should be taken down further.

I do like it better already so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
You can take it down a bit further on the neck closer to the shoulder, don't go past the shoulder though. I try and kind of visualize the dog wearing a sweater and pants in this type of clip so take a look at the neck and see where a shirt might sit if he were to wear one (like a person wears one). Does that make sense at all? Hahaha, that is how it was explained to me by a mentor the first time I did a dutch and wasn't sure about the neck. She tried a couple of different ways and that was the one that stuck it in my mind and I "got it" so to speak. It might not be the best way to try and explain it to you though, my brain works in a weird way I think LoL... When it's working at all I mean ROFL.

His body reminds me a lot of his brother, I couldn't believe how big Zephyr had gotten when they visited at christams. I thought for sure he was going to be on the small side when she got him and she was so tiny, man did he shoot up LoL!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
it does look a lot better!!! I think it does need to come down a bit more towards the shoulder blade though, and I think the belly band needs slightly tweaked still as it looks like it's angling *backward* slightly on his body that throws off the look, if anything it needs to angle slightly forwards, or at least dead straight.
looking good, show us pics as you continue to tweak it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts