Poodle Forum banner

Wish me luck... Jazz getting new 'do

5K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  KPoos 
Ok, now while I have to admit it DOES look unbalanced, I think you can improve it a bit still while you wait for it to grow out.
I think it's not the light dog thing, but the fact she is rather long in the body *anyway* and this clip does nothing to hide that!!!

I'd shave her neck down a tad more to her shoulders, and also angle the line between the shaved neck and the fuller chest more, to mirror a nice shoulder angle. And take it a bit shorter on both the withers and the hips to help hide the sway back look she's pulling off at the mo too!

In the end I don't think this clip suits her really, though the clip itself is totally fine!!! You live and learn! :)

she still really doesn't look square though... Where are you measureing to get her square? It should be that withers to the ground = to the front of the chest to the back of the butt. I'll do pics later to show what I mean

ok, well looking at the nice pic of her, I added lines in. The height for example, on my screen is about 12cm. Her Length is 15cm. Obviously she's taller than 15cm!!! just for comparison sake...

I have added a green line above her, to show how tall she'd have to be to make her square compared to her length, and conversly a green line on her side to show how short she'd have to be to be square for her height.

Hair may be making her look bigger, but not by a whole lot...

Attachments

and going with Paris, if you ignore her hair at the mo (she has at least 4 inchs over her neck & shoulders, and several inches on her chest too!) then she comes out square in a pic. I've never actually measured her in real life to find out, maybe I will later...! lol!

Attachments

more hair on the neck to lengthen her neck & shorten her back (make it looks like her withers are furthur back than they are)
shorten the hair at her ass and chest WAY short. I'm talking at LEAST a 5F blade, or shorter to reduce the length of her body.
Also grow more on the front of her back legs, and the back of her front legs, to reduce the visual gap between them, thereby reducing the visual length of the body. At the same time, move her tuck up way forwards too.
Youn can grow a bit more on the topline, but moreso to try and keep it as level looking as possible rather than to add height (you'll shorten her neck if you try to add height to her body with hair!) but definitely take it super short underneth (again, at least a 5F or shorter) to lift her body up a bit...

Basically anything that will give the illusion that her body is shorter and higher.

I've attempted to edit the pic a bit, but I'm not great at doing that, if you compare to the original though (the first pic) you might see the difference I made in the second:
Mammal Vertebrate Dog Standard Poodle Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

it's not MUCH change, but there is little you can do really with grooming if it's as pronounced as it seems with Jazz. Anything you're doing, is only gonna tweak it a little.

lmao wishpoo, I don't have no classes! I'm only a newbie groomer myself really, it was only just over 4 years ago I first walked into a grooming parlour, let alone done the whole bath, clip, brush & scissor a dog thing!! I just learned a lot in the past year or so by posting on the grooming forums and getting Paris' trims critiqued a LOT, it made me learn what exactly it is that I'm doing, and WHY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.