Poodle Forum banner

Winter Style Show!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Newport 
#1 ·
Since it’s in the low teens where we live I decided it was time to bring out
the boots for the first time this season. I thought it would be a bit of work to
get Bobby used to them again but surprisingly it was no big deal and I was able
to easily slip them on. So here he is just waiting to get outside! We had a lovely walk.
The boots really do make a difference on how long we can be outside when it’s cold. I do have to stifle my laughter at the funny way he walks when we first start out. I tell him what a handsome boy he is in his winter boots.
Share pictures of your poodles in their winter gear! It will be a winter
style show! ❄❄❄

See less See more
#3 ·
I loved your past thread on how you altered the gray/black sweater to fit Bobby.

Does Bobby ever turn around and try to gnaw on the jacket by his hips?

Anything by Basil's hips or waist distracts her so I've postponed trying to find or create the right fitting jacket for her.

However, I found a camel/tan colored peacoat at Goodwill yesterday so I can match Basil. It was only $5.95 and bairly used. I had the bring in the side seam quite a bit so it fits like a coat instead of a pillow case.

Before:

After (front):

After (back/side seam):
I still need to zig zag stitch and chop off the extra fabric + more.

With Basil:

#4 ·
I am totally impressed! 😊There is something so very satisfying in making something yourself and even more satisfying when something is repurposed. Basil will look amazing! What a good color match! Please post a picture when you are done! I can’t wait to see! She’s such a beautiful girl and she will look classy! To answer your question, Bobby is actually very good about having jackets on. He never seems bothered by them. He’s not a fan of clothing going over his head though, like a lot of sweaters. His jackets all open up in the front with the belly strap underneath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.