Poodle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Wow your back yard looks similar to what ours once did! I would rather Herons over ducks though!! ;)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Isn't that funny, we had off white carpets in the last house we lived in, while all our children were small. We owned a carpet cleaner, and I was always steam-cleaning those carpets. What were people thinking, installing all that white carpeting in new houses?? Now we have all hardwood and tile...SO much easier to deal with!! I would never want carpets again...it's hardwood and area rugs for this chick from now on.
I will also definitely be getting a house with a lot less carpet in the future! You learn things in every house about what you do and don't want in the next one :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's so funny, how you learn as you go. What if we had all known what we wanted and were so determined and confident in our 20's....what would that look like?? But as Lily said in another thread, she's having the time of her life now, and so am I. So are my kids! I raised them myself on nothing (thrift shop clothes and coupons), but we always had each other, and we used to love our cozy little weeknights together doing homework, cooking meals and telling each other all our little secrets. Now they are travelling the world; my one son is a teacher who has graduated summa *** laude, and the other two are amazing people. I couldn't be prouder of my children! But I remember fondly those white carpets and trying to keep them looking nice :)

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
:rockon::rockon:Your description of your family sounds so nice poodlemanic, isn't it the oddest things that stay with us like your white carpets. Now on the subject of flooring I like carpet, especially in the bedroom. Our house is mostly wood and tile and I feel like I'm doing the same job twice, first I have to go through and vacuum and then I go over the same area and wash floors.
So, I moved everything back where it was, that meant moving an easy chair, side table and wine fridge from the kitchen and the kennel & xpen back in. DH wasn't home so I did it myself, which is just as well as he gets grumpy when he has to rearrange the furniture. After moving it all back it felt so crampted in the kitchen, and then a light bulb came on, I could still let them out the usual patio door, but...... let them in the sunroom door where there is more room for the kennels! So yes, I have now moved everything back to where I put it yesterday (DH does not need to know this), and it's working perfectly. I have no idea why I thought I had to change the out door, when in fact I only need to change the in door, and when it's cold they will not care what door is open.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts