Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! New here but have been a lurker for a long time. Have learned so much from all of you. We are poodle loving family of two pups. Francisco (Cisco) is a 5 year old black toy (who thinks he’s a spoo) and Winston is beautiful 4.5 month old black and tan phantom.

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
123 Posts
WELCOME to you and your very very handsome boys! 💙🐾💙🐾

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Happy to see more lovely pups. The tie made me smile - yeah boys can dress up

·
Premium Member
66 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say it’s a love-hate relationship. Winston LOVES ❤ Cisco and well, I think you can guess the rest. 😀 Actually it’s not that bad. Cisco used to love playing with Winston when they were similar sizes but now that Winston has 20 lbs on him, not so much. Doing a lot of “leave it” when Winston gets out of hand. He sooo much wants to play with Cisco. I do let them try and Cisco does try to hold his own but it never lasts long b4 I need to break it up. Oh well, maybe it will go better when Winston is older and calmer. If not, that’s ok too.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I would say it’s a love-hate relationship. Winston LOVES ❤ Cisco and well, I think you can guess the rest. 😀 Actually it’s not that bad. Cisco used to love playing with Winston when they were similar sizes but now that Winston has 20 lbs on him, not so much. Doing a lot of “leave it” when Winston gets out of hand. He sooo much wants to play with Cisco. I do let them try and Cisco does try to hold his own but it never lasts long b4 I need to break it up. Oh well, maybe it will go better when Winston is older and calmer. If not, that’s ok too.
My neighbor has a “Cavapoo”—he was six months old when introduced to my tiny 9 week old Spoo. They played enthusiastically at first, but as my dog Felix got significantly bigger, the friendship died. He’s just too big and rough for the smaller dog! I suspect your guys will become best friends over time 🥰

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
My neighbor has a “Cavapoo”—he was six months old when introduced to my tiny 9 week old Spoo. They played enthusiastically at first, but as my dog Felix got significantly bigger, the friendship died. He’s just too big and rough for the smaller dog! I suspect your guys will become best friends over time 🥰
This too happened with me and my standard . My neighbor has a toy and when Renn was little insisted on letting her come up to us, Renn just took his snout to sniff and then hopped in play and stepped on her a bit. She squealed a little as I'm sure it hurt. That was the end of their meet n greet, though it was more me. The toy poodles owner said oh don't worry its fine. Me not fine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts