Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goofy Spoo, Mr. Layne. Everyone was with me in the kitchen. We are raw feeders but I do make a soup as filler plus I can use it for fruit & veggies. I opened a can of green beans & my dogs formed an obedience line. I was rinsing the beans when I realized I had four dogs eagerly waiting. Ok so I have rules for treats. Mr. Layne ONLY gets treats in his bowl in his crate. At 1st he would sit, the Collie got her bean, he would get up & sit behind the Giant (because getting in front of the Giant is not smart) for her to get her bean, then back behind Tinkerbell the chi to get her bean (he is no dummy, Tink is a tyrant) then he would hustle to his crate. Oh boy, oh boy, oh BOY!!!

So then I worked on some short stays. he would work for me, do a command. If he did it & held it, I'd give him the release & he'd zip into his crate, turn, face, & wait, where is the bean, woman? So he worked his padoodle tail off earning his beans. I've seen less enthusiasm for meat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Mine love beans too, especially Sophy. I love the queue - mine sit in a row, along with the cats when there are good things on offer.

Reactions: dogsavvy

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Wow, what a great bunch ! You must have a lot of work on your hand with 2 working breeds and 4 dogs total !

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dechi, I have 5 total. Boo Boo Bear wasn't working for beans that day. I'm accustomed to handling large groups. When I sort of retired I just about drove my Giant & old Collie nuts. (I had had 8 big working dogs who got old & passed & the old Collie was the last of my team when I got the Giant. The Giant matures so slow she's been the most challenging working dog. The poor Collie wants to please so bad she does any command you give any dog. My Spoo is so easy, feistier than the Collie but so easy I sometimes forget he's a pup until he has a spazz moment.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dechi, I meant to say thank you for the compliment but I goofed & deleted it while fixing a typo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts