Poodle Forum banner

Will it ever end?

4K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  PoodleMom 
#1 ·
I think Riley tore his cruciate ligiment today. I was gone for the day at a study group. My family said he was laying on the front step and wouldnt get up (he frequently lays on the step and watches things in the nice weather). He wont put any pressure on his left hind leg, and cant get up without help. My vet felt it tonight and strongly suspects it. He will go in tomorrow for x-rays to confirm. If its completely torn then he will need surgery. If its not then most likely will need heavy crate rest to heal. Either way its going to be a long recovery i suspect. Please send some healing thoughts to my poor boy who just cant seem to catch a break.

#4 ·
So sorry. :( Sounds just like what our first PWD had. I hope if he does have to have surgery, he makes a full recovery, just like our guy did! The recovery period and keeping them confined is tough but after that you would never have known that anything was wrong with his leg.

Sending super duper positive vibes to you guys!!!

#15 ·
Thanks so much girls! It means alot to hear that kind of support and kind words towards my baby and me.

Good news! He didnt tear his ligament (ACL). His knee is very swollen and we can see it on the x-rays. He is still for the most part completely non-weight baring on the leg. He can get up better then yesterday, so that is good (he had to be carried inside at first). He will be on rest and medication for a week, and then we will reevaluate. If no improvement then we will send the x-rays off and possible refferal (which i have no problem doing). Heres hoping! I am so glad i was wrong on this!

#20 ·
Oh no! Poor Riley...and on top of the recent Addison's diagnosis, so poor you too! Will you have to give him more prednisone to make up from the stress of the injury? I'm glad it's not his ACL, and hope it's nothing serious with his knee either, and it just heals itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.