Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very strange dog behavior (I think). Jackson (my new standard foster) loves Hoot, my Aussie. He does anything Hoot does and goes wherever he goes. I often see him licking Hoot all over his face and head.

I noticed Hoot peeing on Jacson's head the other day and it dawned on me why he stinks so soon after a bath. At first I thought it may be a dominance issue on Hoot's part but since I have observed Hoot intently sniffing a spot and then lifting his leg to mark. Jackson scoots right under the stream. I think he's checking out the interesting spot but you'd think he would avoid Hoot's stream. It doesn't bother him at all to have a head full of wet pee-filled poodlefur. Someone suggested he might like having Hoot's smell as Hoot is very confident and unafraid and is the dominant dog of our pack (yes I'm more dominant but I'm not a dog:)).

So much for foo-foo poodles!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I have been using Nature's Miracle to keep the odor down between baths. Jackson would be the logical one to restrain as it's really his fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.