Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to vent about this to someone...and who better than other dog people.

A friend of mine, Lauren, was dating a guy named Chris 5 years ago. He bought her a Blue Merle Great Dane who she named Sasha.
They broke up when Sasha was a few months old and Lauren had put hours and hours of love and training into her. They broke up due to Chris cheating on her. She was living with him in his house and she was working and going to College to be a teacher....with me so far?
Lauren could not take Chris cheating on her so she moved out to a dorm with the understanding that she would be picking Sasha up in 3 to 4 weeks. Well, when she went to get her dog he would not let her have Sasha. He told her that his "girlfriend" (the chick he was cheating on her with for months) liked "the dog" so he was keeping her!

Lauren even talked to Law Enforcement to see if there was anything she could do. It didn't end there....for 3 years after the break up Lauren would still inquire about Sasha and see if there was a chance to get her back. Chris would never agree.

Then on Tuesday I get a text from Lauren saying that Chris called her and told her that he was losing his house and was moving to the beach. He said "If you want this f**king dog you better come get her or I'm taking her to the pound!" Lauren is now living in a place that she can not have a big dog. She was freaking out cause she knew Chris meant it and that he would just dump Sasha. She asked me if I would PLEASE take her! Even after 5 years she could think of nothing but Sasha's well being!

And so.......now I have a Great Dane!

Meet Sasha.

with Shamus...

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Sasha is lovely!!!

Congrats! Hopefully she has a permanent home with you and no more love triangles!:)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
thats pretty awful for your friend o,o
but super exciting that sasha is in a better place!!

I love the photo of your poodle laying on the pillow staring up almost saying
>:O
this is MY pillow don't EVEN touch it!!!

XD

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Wow, beautiful Dane!

It is usually the animals that unfortunately suffer in those situations but good for you for stepping up and helping that beautiful girl.

Ugh..why the POUND..every city has a Great Dane rescue (most anyway) a dog like that would be adopted in no time and the pound is generally not a healthy place for any dog to be at even in a temporary situation.

It seems like he was going to dump the dog at the pound more to hurt his ex rather than because he "had" to. That's such a shame..the poor dog didn't ask to be in that situation.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. I'm really glad that I had the space to keep her. She really is a couch hound! I'm sure he was just trying to hurt Lauren. It's sad really. He should have let her get her dog back 5 years ago!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks....she has a home here for the rest of her life. The poodles are starting to come around with her being here as well

·
Registered
180 Posts
What a gorgeous GD! They are my dream dog, not sure I'll ever be in the right circumstances to have one though.
Good on you for taking her in :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Such a sad story for you girlfriend. You are a good friend to take in her beautiful GD. I just love the photo of her looking down at your little poodle on the doggie bed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The poodles are starting to plot against her I think! LOL They get together in the corner of the yard or in the Living room and seem to be wispering about her...when she walks toward them the "break it up"! Should I be worried! J/K ! LOL

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm happy that a$$hole lost his home because it was the best possible outcome for Sasha, and I'm sure she will contribute a lot of love to your home too.

I feel really bad for your friend. She didn't deserve all that heartache either. Men like that really boil my blood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts