Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people title in Rally or Obedience and then move up. I like to use those 60 days post title to improve my scores and gain confidence in a smaller group where placement is more likely. Rally judge Geri Lopez highly recommended this strategy upon our RN title. Anyone else do this or see the point in it?

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
ZM I think some people feel like they don't want to spend the money for the entries in classes where they already have titles. Personally I have used the time a bit in the past. Although I wasn't in A classes with Lily I did stay in RA for a while waiting for the rule change that took out the honer stay from RE. It was good for Lily's confidence aside from not asking her to honor on leash in a ring with an off leash working dog (bleh). Javelin will stay in beginner novice until he is really truly ready to go on as well, even if it means keeping him there for 6 or more Qs.

·
Premium Member
3,330 Posts
ZM,

I have to travel pretty far for trials, so I only want to enter when I know Noelle will title, and then move on to the next one. Hotels get expensive and so do entry fees. So, we'll continue to 1, 2, 3, title; 1, 2, 3, title. We're pausing before trialing in RE. I want Noelle to have magnetic eye contact before we go into RE and Novice. Once Noelle has her RE and CD, we'll start TQ's for RaCh, while working on CDX and UD exercises.

I have a feeling Noelle will have RaCH 10 by the time we're ready for Open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts