Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in awhile Bella will "disappear" behind me when I'm walking her in my long apartment hallways. She might be on a leash or not.

She'll drop behind me, and when I turn around to see where she is, she moves at the same time so that I can't see her! Sometimes I have to go in a full circle and she looks completely satisfied with herself.

What is that all about? My last poodle many years ago did that too occasionally. I never figured it out with him either. I googled, no luck. Seems to me to be some sort of stealth game.

Does you poodle ever do this? Any ideas?

Registered
No, never seen that in any of my dogs in 40+ years. It must be a game she鈥檚 got you playing.

Premium Member
Nothing stealthy about Buck with me. Opossums are another story. Bella sounds like she鈥檚 exercising independence on 鈥渉er鈥 walk - hide and seek, Mom! Poodles do bring the surprises and fun:)

Premium Member
No stealth games with Molly either! She's always on a mission to read all her P-Mail and of course, to leave a reply!

Attachments

Reactions: JenandSage

Registered
Mimi follows right behind me around the house, sometimes when I鈥檓 calling and looking for her. I don鈥檛 think she understands that I don鈥檛 have eyes in the back of my head. It鈥檚 much safer when she uses her nose to push the back of my knees, at least then I don鈥檛 step on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Yep - both my dogs do it. I suspect bigger dogs do, as well, but are easier to spot. I don't think it is deliberate on the dog's part - more a function of our poor peripheral vision, and looking for the dog where we expect her to be. Sophy also does the nose bump to tell me when she is behind me - very useful!

Registered
Not here, Renn pretty much stays put at my side at all times unless he is chasing a ball. Seems to want to keep me in sight.

Registered
My girls always walk behind me, except when on a lease and then to the sid of me, with about a foot between us. All o f mine have been toys and all did that, I assumed they did not want stepped on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts