Poodle Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I dont know the official reason but im guessing because its more sanitary and easier to keep clean? Since it csn get dirty due to eye gunk, food scraps, smells and dirt, drool, etc. I prefer shavee faces becsuse it feels so.niceeee and so smooth and shelton looks handsome haha

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love the look of a freshly shaved poodle face,; it is very clean as well. Also I am OWNEd by two schnauzers with long beards and they are a pain to maintain(but look nice)

I am also owned by a G schnauzer,and i love the look of her beard,after meals she comes and sits by me ,waiting for her beard to be washed with a wet towel.

But i also prefer poodles clean shaven.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I prefer a clean face. Even my daughter's shih tzu gets his face clipped close. Actually, the poor guy spends most of his time looking like I wanted a cocker spaniel. Black and white shih tzus make cute imitation cockers. lol His cocker look came from a clip we did hen he was young and had skin issues and we shaved his back to help with his 'itchimacallits' and it looked so cute, we kept it.

There is something so nice about being able to kiss ad snuggle a clean shaven poodle face - I love Bug's 'nekkid bum,' too. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well ... another thing to consider is whether you do obedience with your poodle. My instructor has had a whole string of schnauzers and she has to make sure the "bit" of the dumbbell (for either the retrieve dumbbell or dumbbell-shaped scent articles) is wide enough that the dog doesn't also get a mouthful of whiskers when he picks it up. Otherwise he might spit it out!

SO, if you keep the poodle's nose shaved, then you only have to buy one dumbbell and article set! ;) (Yeah, you could buy a wide set to start with, but if you're competing, you're probably grooming for a more formal look anyway.)

Marguerite

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I shave my spoo Billy's face every 10 days or so,I absolutely love the feel of their velvety noses and like to be able to see their eyes properly,I also like his feet and base of his tail shaved frequently too,just my preference, I think it's fine however people want their poodles to look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like both looks. However when Millie has a fuzzy face a lot of ask if she is a doodle. Most poodle people hate this but I like to use it as an opportunity to share that you can have a poodle and just keep then fuzzy if you don't like the poodle look. This way you can count on the temperment of your dog, unlike a doodle.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I like both looks. However when Millie has a fuzzy face a lot of ask if she is a doodle. Most poodle people hate this but I like to use it as an opportunity to share that you can have a poodle and just keep then fuzzy if you don't like the poodle look. This way you can count on the temperment of your dog, unlike a doodle.
I'm with u on this one! I hear this so much: "poodles may be great but I really dont like that look" or something along those lines... But when they see my poodles they go crazy over how cute and wonderful they are and they have huge smiles on their faces. And I proudly say they are 100% poodle , the best dogs ever! And you can have them in any haircut ya want!
People have told me: "I will consider a standard poodle, this is great"
I try my hardest to raise awarness on how perfect spoos are!
I do truly like all hair cuts including shaved faces, but for mine I just love their fluffy fuzzy look.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Here are my pics the first two are of my baby peaches fuzzy Face
I would let her go fuzzy in cold weather and shaved in hot weather

Angel the day I got her: Fuzzy Face

And then shaved:

She has been in 7 or 8 different Style clips, all clean faced. I did try to grow her face, so that I could do a few Japanese style clips, but she became depressed and upset. Once I figured it out and gave her a shave, she was good. I think that she related it to being ignored. She is a rescue and the other poodle in the house was clipped when I got her, she was not... I know she is smart so that was what she thought. If she didn't get clipped she might have to leave again. Not that I would dream of that!!!! She is mine all mine I tell you! :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
That puppy looks familiar! ;)

That photo of Angel with the Fuzzy Face was definitely my first, OMG, where'd she get a picture of Danno from? moment on PF.

They look nothing alike in all her other photos where her lovely dark liver points are obvious and she's bursting with confidence and joie de vivre, but that one totally made me do a double take. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Here she is another one taken on the day I got her: Fuzzy Face

I can understand your OMG moment! I took her to Pet Smart the day I got her. Where all the comments were "Oh is she a Doodle?"
And I was like no, she is a full poodle! I was really nice about it but I wanted them to know that she was a wonderful poodle!
So she got shaved and with since learning that she doesn't like a fuzzy face any more than I do, we keep it well trimmed. lol

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Mmmm teddy bear face hehehe and I try to keep the hair around the lips trimmed so it doesnt go inside the mouth, its not gross :) they are clean ;)
Just a matter of personal preference on how it looks
ImageUploadedByPG Free1375028288.892141.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1375028339.101109.jpg

61 - 77 of 77 Posts