Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave Enzo alone at the dog parks........

There is this dog park in grifith park and every time we go there some idiot says something about him not being neutered. ( you know since he is in CC his balls are just in your face lol )

So yesterday we go and enzo was having a great time, my friend brought her pom Bella with us. Right when we got in there some lady with her german short hair was playing ball with her dog. When enzo went over there to say hi her dog wanted to play so I was like cool he found a friend. Enzo was not near us and he went potty. The minute my sister walked over there to get the scooper the lady instantly says " its illgeal to have an unaltered dog"

I guess since my sister looks 16 and looks innocent people think they can just say anything to her well this lady was in for a big surprise.

My sister looked at her if as she was crazy " probably one of those PETA freaks" my sister said " This is a show dog, its not illegal to have a show dog in CA" The lady then said he can't be in here meaning the dog park. My sister just looked at her again and said "we can be in here Enzo is not agressive !" and she was like looking at enzo as if he was going to fight her stupid dog The lady was like " keep you dog away from mines". My sister grabbed Enzo and said LOUDLY "lets get away from this ignorant bitch" the lady got scared and went to the other side of the park. We went to sit down and she got on the phone started to call people I guess to tell people about what happened lol she kept staring at us and we stared back like why are you staring !

I went outside the park to read the rules and no where did it say unaltered dogs are not allowed. All it said is do not bring bitches in season :fish:

we get this BS every time we go to that park :wacko:

There were other dogs in the dog park unaltered and she did not go harass them about their dogs ......

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Must be so annoying, but it's best to just ignore and move away. Name calling and such will not help your image or Enzo's. Just tell them that the park rules do not say anything about unaltered males, point out a few others that are in the park, and if they still have an issue, tell them to call AC if they have a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
She was just jealous her GSP was not as sexy as Enzo :p

I just smile and nod with this "you crazy muther ****er" look on my face when people get snotty about dogs with me or about my own dog.

lol next time just say oh he is wearing a prosthetic! :lol:

EDIT: textell posted when i did. great minds think alike! XD

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She was just jealous her GSP was not as sexy as Enzo :p

I just smile and nod with this "you crazy muther ****er" look on my face when people get snotty about dogs with me or about my own dog.

lol next time just say oh he is wearing a prosthetic! :lol:

EDIT: textell posted when i did. great minds think alike! XD
HAHAHAHA Yeah I will have to tell my sister that next time. When people say stuff to me I just ignore them my sister on the other hand will tell them off !

When we go to Laurel Canyon park ( where richer people live) we get no problems. everyone in that park either has a purebred ( show dogs we see a lot of show people ) or unaltered dogs. No one says anything to use there lol.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just tell them he is neutered, but you were concerned about his self esteem so you had Neuticles implanted.

http://www.neuticles.com/
LOL! That is so funny!

I get how you feel roxy, we had the same sh*t with our show dobe... and eventually we just stopped going to the park.

He was never interested in anyone elses dogs, just our bitch, but people just feel like they have to "enlighten" you :rolffleyes: which is BS IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
When I managed the shelter here, it was mandatory that ALL adopted pets be spayed or neutered - NO exceptions!!! There was a guy who was interested in an unneutered GSH and he tried to get me to agree to a VASECTOMY rather than a NEUTER (because he wanted his dog to keep his testicles!!!) I researched it a little bit and talked to the vet who he said he was going to take the dog to if I agreed to it; but found out that while fully neutered dogs cannot impregnate a female, a dog who has had a vasectomy MAY still be able to "produce" :lol: I told the guy he had to have the dog neutered if he wanted him (and get the prosthetics if he was THAT concerned about appearances)

You could tell these people that Enzo has had a vasectomy and that leaves the "parts" in place!!! :wacko:

I have to admit, when I see big, galooty mix breeds with their balls hanging to their ankles, I'm kinda grossed out. Katy and I call them "butt toomahs" (tumors), but if I saw a gorgeous intact purebred animal, who obviously looks like a show dog (the CC is sort of hard to miss!) I wouldn't blink an eye!

Good luck with your "education" of the general public, roxy!! :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
There are dog parks that do require spay/neuter.....which is where she needs to go instead of harassing people when your following the rules and I honestly don't blaime your sister lol.

Also in the DP I go too, no offense to the older/elderly it just applys to the one I go to but they seriously bitch the most, they seem so unhappy and are not shy to say whats on their mind...........and TAXTELL that balls in place was classy!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have to admit, when I see big, galooty mix breeds with their balls hanging to their ankles, I'm kinda grossed out. Katy and I call them "butt toomahs" (tumors), but if I saw a gorgeous intact purebred animal, who obviously looks like a show dog (the CC is sort of hard to miss!) I wouldn't blink an eye!

Good luck with your "education" of the general public, roxy!! :)
ROFL!!! You are too funny plumcrazy!

I'm with you, when it comes to mixed breeds I get a little pissy if they are not altered.
I could never get use to our show boys "tumors"... he loved his butt scratched and would constantly shove that stuff in your face.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Funny but GROSS!!!
lalala:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There are dog parks that do require spay/neuter.....which is where she needs to go instead of harassing people when your following the rules and I honestly don't blaime your sister lol.

Also in the DP I go too, no offense to the older/elderly it just applys to the one I go to but they seriously bitch the most, they seem so unhappy and are not shy to say whats on their mind...........and TAXTELL that balls in place was classy!
Olie:
You know you want the earrings. Scroll down!

http://www.neuticles.com/merchmart.php

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I say good for your sis! Name calling isn't the most mature thing, but that lady was a bitch. If she doesn't even know what a show Poodle looks like, then she needs to keep her medical advice to herself. Where does she think her GSP came from?

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
You know you want the earrings.
OMG!!!!! I could've made a million dollars!!! :lol: When our volunteer vet would neuter cats at the shelter, she'd throw the "parts" at me (all in fun - I promise!!!! :scared:) :lol: and I told her that was fine, because I wanted to make EARRINGS out of them, then I'd hold them up beside my ears and model them for her!! (I know, I know... TMI!!!) Now you guys know how twisted I REALLY am!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
OMG!!!!! I could've made a million dollars!!! :lol: When our volunteer vet would neuter cats at the shelter, she'd throw the "parts" at me (all in fun - I promise!!!! :scared:) :lol: and I told her that was fine, because I wanted to make EARRINGS out of them, then I'd hold them up beside my ears and model them for her!! (I know, I know... TMI!!!) Now you guys know how twisted I REALLY am!
LOL!

"Those earrings are beautiful, what stone is that?"

"Oh, these? Why thank you, they're synthetic testicle!"

Here's another twisted story...we had a really really really dumb receptionist at the old practice where I used to work.
The doctor there gave me $20.00 to put cat testicles on a cracker and pretend I was going to eat them in front of her.
The rest of the staff bet if she was going to pass out or not. She stayed up, but barely!

I obviously didn't eat them, but she really thought I meant to.

Maybe I should be concerned. ;)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I'm glad I am out of the office today or people would think I was nuts crying and laughing! NUTs - did I say that?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts