Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Galen, having learned the joys of tennis balls from Pogo, now has no doggie friends to play ball with. It's rather sad. He has been offering his tennis ball to other creatures with mixed results:
The cat - an icy stare
Male pedestrians encountered on walks - high success rate
Female pedestrians encountered on walks - low success rate
Toddler encountered on walk - toddler took the ball and wouldn't give it back
Several horses- complete indifference
A turtle - it fled
A duck - it fled

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
LOL way to go Galen! Renn loves ball too. I won't let him out to play ball in the mornings because its wet and just to close to him having finished his breakfast so he now grabs a ball and tosses it at me while I'm on the computer or he tosses it under the table and will sit there give a few barks to say well get my ball. He does this purposely to make me get up and down.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Poor Galen, having learned the joys of tennis balls from Pogo, now has no doggie friends to play ball with. It's rather sad. He has been offering his tennis ball to other creatures with mixed results:
The cat - an icy stare
Male pedestrians encountered on walks - high success rate
Female pedestrians encountered on walks - low success rate
Toddler encountered on walk - toddler took the ball and wouldn't give it back
Several horses- complete indifference
A turtle - it fled
A duck - it fled
Zoe would love to have a play date with Galen! Tennis balls are her obsession.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I hope your playing ball with Galen today, I can almost hear him saying, "well, whatcha waiting for..lets go play!"

·
Super Moderator
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope your playing ball with Galen today, I can almost hear him saying, "well, whatcha waiting for..lets go play!"
Far from it. He dropped his ball on our walk this morning. We were on a hill, so the ball went rolling down the road off into the distance. Galen, naturally, tried to run after it. This violated our rule, "no yanking your human's arm out of the socket." I stopped to tie my shoelace instead of pursuing the errant ball.

He gave me the most incredulous look: "Don't you understand, this is an EMERGENCY." Then he started bouncing up and down, barking at the disappearing ball. I continued standing there until he finally got the point that I was not going to go running after the ball, nor was he.

And yes, he did get his ball back. It had come to rest in a pile of pine needles accumulated at the edge of the pavement. By the time we got to it he had forgotten all about it and was investigating the possibility of chipmunks in undergrowth. I needed to pick it up and hand it to him, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts