Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we went out in the dark this morning for pees and poos there was cold white slippy stuff everywhere, and when Mum went to take us out for a walk after breakfast the car was frozen shut so we couldn't get into it! Mum has made me lots of warm jumpers and I really like them, but it is still too cold to stay out long - much nicer snoozing in the warm. Mum says we are all wimps, and it is much, much colder where some of you live, but it is freezing here, and I don't like it much. Mum thinks perhaps I need leg warmers as well as jumpers - what are they?
Poppy xxx

[Poppy's coat is now very thin, especially on her legs and feet. I've been chopping up a fleece throw and old alpaca jumpers to make warm clothes for her, and she is definitely keen on them - hops up into my lap as soon as I pick one up. I'm not sure whether leg warmers would work, or if I should try adding legs to the pattern I have made - any ideas? fjm]

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
You could add legs and make a snowsuit for dear Poppy. I’m sure she would appreciate it. We have white slippy stuff outside. First it snowed. Then it rained on top and froze into a rock hard crust. Francis doesn’t weigh enough to break through. Poor dog slides on top. Noelle skates, falls through, and skates again.

·
Super Moderator
2,978 Posts
I wonder if you could make a set of leg warmers for her from a pair of knee socks. They wouldn't be as bulky and warm as fleece, but they would be stretchy and allow for movement.

·
Premium Member
13,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried stretchy fleece, but they gradually fell off. For now I have put wider bands into the arm holes, which works for the front legs - hind legs will need a bit more thought! I would buy them for her if I could find something suitable, but they all look the wrong shape for poodles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts