Poodle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
That just reminded me that Peggy used to pee on the inside of her back legs! Those were some ugly yellow stains, and I always worried she would burn or irritate her skin.

Our groomer told us, with females at least, this is caused by still-developing muscles/sloppy form. I definitely notice she holds herself a lot more carefully now when she urinates. Her hind legs used to practically collapse.
Darn. I thought with females you could avoid the pee on fur issues. I'm glad she grew out of it. I got lucky with Misha because he doesn't pee on his legs outright, but he does get backsplash droplets. Sometimes he forgets to turn off the hose before he starts walking again and makes me shake my head in dismay. I'm not sure I could deal with him if he were white!

Super Moderator
Sometimes he forgets to turn off the hose before he starts walking again
馃槀 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀

Boys do have their own special brand of obliviousness. But Peggy's flat squats were pretty maddening. Plus, she had discharge thanks to puppy vaginitis, which also added to the staining.

Registered
I use White on White from Chris Christensen On my black and white parti. It keeps her super bright bright white. It鈥檚 also ok to shampoo the black because there isn鈥檛 any lightener. I give her a bath about every week or so depending on our activities. We live in the country by the beach so she gets all in mud and dirt. I am. I鈥檝e found that if I shampoo her leg one by one and one(white feet and legs,) give her a good massage and comb through it(because she has really long poms) it works the best. Her hair is always so soft after as well. Another thing that took me several baths to figure out is you have to really rinse more than you think you need to.

Registered
My salon uses this shampoo and I have bought some to use during the corona virus lock down. It has worked well for her. It is supposed to penetrate each hair and moisturize, but still delicate enough to use even on a cat's skin. The reverse side of the bottle is only written in Japanese, so it might night be helpful. It is imported from Australia and I found it on a website like amazon called Rakuten Global. It said they ship internationally.
I hope this helps.
IMG_2157.jpeg

Registered
White poodle owners- what shampoo would you suggest? I've heard oatmeal is good to keep a poodle moisturized-but didnt want their coats looking dingy...thanks!
My white/cream spoo likes Earthbath shampoos the best, and no conditioner afterwards :) We have tried other shampoos, or occasionally I forgot to take it to the groomers. All of them either left him uncomfortable for a few days, or bothered my hands, or left his hair an odd texture. And I am very picky about chemicals, so no to many shampoos and we never use whiteners.

The one I liked the best was Green Tea shampoo. When I found out they were discontinuing that one a few years ago I bought a gallon of the condensed shampoo and it is lasting forever.

I don't know if Earthbath still does it, but when I first looked into their shampoos they sent me a sample of each one they had so I could try them.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts