Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
White poodle owners- what shampoo would you suggest? I've heard oatmeal is good to keep a poodle moisturized-but didnt want their coats looking dingy...thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the tickling on mocha’s nose! It’s so amazing how much they change in a week.
I am trying to to get too excited about it...apparently sometimes it can be coloring on their skin that won't show thru their fur. But i am a pain for keeping a white dog clean..so I'm sure we will see her pretty patches :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
White is tuff! I think that’s why I lean towards dark. Lol. I know the night before I won’t sleep....too much excitement waiting!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
White is tuff! I think that’s why I lean towards dark. Lol. I know the night before I won’t sleep....too much excitement waiting!!!!!
We had Britney and springer spaniels before so I love the white base with coloring. I didnt realize til this year that poodles had other options besides solids. Hubby said that is what put me over from considering a dog again (tiff passed in 2016) to full steam ahead. We had gotten tiff after my daughters were born but before my sons. She was a true member of the family.

·
Registered
465 Posts
They sell eye wipes and they help and I heard angel eyes works well to not get the stains. I think that’s why I don’t have white dogs bc I hate the staining. I feel like they always look sad from it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Omg, my breeder does a few types and she just had a handsome boy! Parti yorkipoo and he’s so cute! I never knew yorkipoos had parti colors but I almost thought of snagging him but I’m not a male dog person....but he’s adorable!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They sell eye wipes and they help and I heard angel eyes works well to not get the stains. I think that’s why I don’t have white dogs bc I hate the staining. I feel like they always look sad from it.
Oh! Yes I understand. Yeah I apparently i am used to the maintenance I had a routine with our tiff. Fitting that mocha is my dog and leah is the kids (we will love them both equally of course)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg, my breeder does a few types and she just had a handsome boy! Parti yorkipoo and he’s so cute! I never knew yorkipoos had parti colors but I almost thought of snagging him but I’m not a male dog person....but he’s adorable!!!! View attachment 467274
Oh wow...yeah I tend to own girl dogs but wow I didn't know that a parti yorkipoo was an option! Cutie for sure!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
G2 is hubs dog and this one is apparently mine.... although I know he’ll try stealing her the moment I come home. He even asked which day he needed off so I could go get her.....😂 he’s such a little sucker and he never realizes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I love Our breeders values they’re an older couple. I’d say close to seniors and they love them constantly. All health testing and she’s stayed in touch for years on her litters which is more than I can say fro the other breeders around us. She sends pics every few days and they’re all in home with her. She contacts me through all vet appointments.Show quality, no but pet and love quality I couldn’t of found a better fit.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Here's what I use:

Well, our groomer uses it. I just send it along with Peggy to her appointments. I started doing that after she had multiple allergic reactions to other "hypoallergenic" products.

Our groomer warned us that oatmeal is actually a common allergen, but it's also such a common ingredient. It took a ton of research (and a thread on Poodle Forum) to find this stuff.

I don't get too stressed when she gets a little dingy in-between grooming appointments. I just remind myself: She's a dog!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I use Chris Christensen white on white shampoo, whenever I bathe him, which isn't often as he goes to groomer every 4 weeks but it sure came in handy when I bathed him a few weeks back. I just used the ice on ice when I combed and dried him out. I like it because its not a perfume.

·
Registered
912 Posts
A note on the boy dogs. If they pee on the back of their front legs, shampoo just the front legs in between full baths. It’s quick and doesn’t run the risk of staining by being left too long. At 4 years old, my spoo has (mostly) outgrown this.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
A note on the boy dogs. If they pee on the back of their front legs, shampoo just the front legs in between full baths. It’s quick and doesn’t run the risk of staining by being left too long. At 4 years old, my spoo has (mostly) outgrown this.
That just reminded me that Peggy used to pee on the inside of her back legs! Those were some ugly yellow stains, and I always worried she would burn or irritate her skin.

Our groomer told us, with females at least, this is caused by still-developing muscles/sloppy form. I definitely notice she holds herself a lot more carefully now when she urinates. Her hind legs used to practically collapse.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think if you stay on top of removing the eye gunk (and your poodle isn’t predisposed to excessively runny eyes) you shouldn’t need eye-specific wipes to keep the area clean. I’ve have good success with a warm, wet washcloth.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It depends for me. My spoo is a parti (black and white) and I don’t use any specific whitening shampoos. I wipe her eye gunk with a warm wet cloth if it’s allergy season and her eyes get super gunky and don’t use any of the special eye wipes but she also doesn’t have white near her eyes. I pick the crusties from her eyes (and she loves to eat these for some bizarre reason 🤢) and I will rub a wet cloth after as well.

My groomer uses les pooches tearless for her topknot/head just to make sure it doesn’t irritate her eyes. Then she uses the hypoallergenic shampoo and then follow up with the crème rinse. I have these products at home as well if she isn’t going to the groomer regularly (every 4-6 weeks) because I will trim her down in the summer.

I also like the burts bees puppy shampoo if she’s gotten muddy playing outside (just so I don’t irritate her skin by shampooing and using the crème rinse too often). This is generally used a lot in the fall/spring because we’ve got a super muddy backyard and the dog parks around here are also quick to get muddy. And she LOVES the mud and water and will roll and wrestle in it so she gets muddy and needs to be washed. 🤦🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just want to third CC's White on White, which is what I have now.

Alternatively, for many years I used Isle of Dogs (whatever the whitening shampoo is called) with good result. Pricey but dilutable. She practically glowed she was so white.

I've used other brands. They're fine, but they do not achieve the same results as CC or IoD.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts