Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our brown toy poodle Biscuit just turned 8 months a few days ago and we couldn't help but notice his color brightened a bit since we saw him for the 1st time. Recently there's been a lot of white hair coming out on his back (mostly), tail and legs. Also his face (around the nose mostly) brightened a lot (we're laughing he has a blond mustache :) ) and he has patches of brighter brown on his ears. What do you think?
We like him fluffy so we don't really clip his face and body too much although I'd like to try soon.

For comparison I added a picture of him at 6 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Don't know anything about poodle color change, but he sure is a cutie! I love the mustache--very manly.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Guard hairs come in as a different textures, and typically color, too. Cairo has some apricot and white guard hairs (red toy) and Vienna has apricot guard hairs (cream standard.) Even Vegas my black has a couple white hairs in places. It's totally normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! :) I've never heard of the guard hair but I guess that's what it is on his back. What about the other hair? They go through his whole body and back legs and they are different than the guard hair I found on his back. Softer and different color (more like apricot I'd say). Also, do you think he might clear his color? I really love him as brown and would like him to stay that way but he's already brighter than before...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts