Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We will be picking up our standard pup at the end of July. We have already found a trainer to work with and I'm planning ahead for a groomer, and which supplies to get.

So my questions are, which are the essential basic grooming supplies to use in between professional grooming? We will be keeping the pup's coat short. I'd like to know what I should have on hand, and if there is something different for puppies than adults.

Also, if anyone has a groomer recommendation near the Jersey Shore/ Central NJ area please let me know!

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Your basic tools are going to be a slicker brush, pin brush, and a greyhound comb. You can find lots of brand recommendations if you search the forum archives. You'll also want a good detangling/brushing spray. Hopefully your breeder is starting your pup off well in terms of learning good grooming behavior.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Congrats on your new poodle.
I am going to agree with Raindrops about the brushes, but I also think you should get a dog nail clipper and stop the bleed or styptic powder, for cutting the nails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts