Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
puppy is currently eating royal canin at the breeder. We can't use that food b/c it contains egg (DS is VERY allergic to egg). Found 3 brands that look ok and need to pick one:

Natural Balance (several formulas)

California Natural

Wellness Puppy

And pros/cons about these foods?
thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Those are all good brands. The only tip I would have is choose one that is readily available near you. We have had to switch foods several times because they were all of the sudden not available or hard to get for various reasons; feed store closing, store decided not to carry anymore, feed store wants to only be open by appt., etc.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luckily they are all available.....we have several pet stores and a feed store nearby

Ive been trying to read online reviews and I can't decide which to go with

·
Registered
912 Posts
It is often trial and error too. Just cause my dog does well on something doesn't necessarily mean yours will. I haven't used any of those brands cause I'm in Australia but if they rank well then you can choose any one with confidence and see how the pup goes.

I really advocate a raw food diet, which you might want to look into but as I said just cause my boy does well on raw doesn't necessarily mean yours will. Diet is a tricky area, as often people will really differ in what, how much, how often they feed their dogs and no-one need necessarily be wrong.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Id have to say California Natural. I have fed that food when all else failed and was never disappointed. I still feed Natura Food but the Health Wise instead due to cost. Health Wise is a bit more affordable then the Cal Natural. I don't think you can beat the quality of the Cal Natural though.

You will NOT be disappointed!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with everyone else. They are all good. The only one that I have experience with is the Wellness. All my dogs like it and do well on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts